Electronic assortment component kit

Robsim

Joined Sep 6, 2016
Hi, i'm a beginner in electronics and i want to order a electronic assortment component kit from amazon or ebay. Budget wise i can't pay more than $60 for a kit. i already have some salvaged resistors, electrolytic capacitors led's, switches, NE555 timers, potentiometers, zener diodes photoresistor, potentiometers, loudspeakers, electric motors and crystal quartz from scrap material. I also have one breadboard. I want a wide variety of components. Please give me some advice which kit to buy. Many thanks

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hi, i'm a beginner in electronics and i want to order a electronic assortment component kit from amazon or ebay. Budget wise i can't pay more than $60 for a kit. i already have some salvaged resistors, electrolytic capacitors led's, switches, NE555 timers, potentiometers, zener diodes photoresistor, potentiometers, loudspeakers, electric motors and crystal quartz from scrap material. I also have one breadboard. I want a wide variety of components. Please give me some advice which kit to buy. Many thanks
If you buy from a discount company like Taydaelectronics.com, you can get lots of stuff.
LEDs are $0.02

for about 0.5 cents each
I'd get 20 of each resistor size in the E6 series to keep thins simple
100. 1k
150. 1.5k
220. 2.2k
330. 3.3k
470. 4.7k
680. 6.8k
Repeat for each decade up to 6.8M and then add a 10M just for fun.

you can do the same for capacitors 100pF to 1000uF (5 to 10 each)

Then add a few cheap op amps (single supply and can handle input/output down to zero volts TL353 and/or TLC271

some 555 timers

5v regulators (TL7805)

Some LIght dependent resistors

some logic gates
Some flip flops
Some switches (toggle switches and momentary push buttons)
Battery holders (9v and 3 x AA batteries)
Header pins
An Arduino nano or similar

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The type of assorted components depends on your interests and the direction you plan on taking your electronics enthusiasm. I can think of three areas that starter kits tend to target:

#1 - General electronics experimentation, resistors, capacitors, discretes, transistors, ICs, breadboards etc.
#2 - Arduino and MCU interfacing, keypads, LCD displays, modules
#3 - Robotics, motors, actuators, servos, relays, senors etc.

Select one of the three above.

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
I did have one case where they sent the wrong connector. The pictures for vertical and right angle parts were reversed, and the descriptions were unclear.

I messaged them, maybe sent a picture, but had the correct parts in a week and didn't have to send back the others.

Great customer service with a quick, hassle-free action.

Robesim

Joined May 1, 2017
If you buy from a discount company like Taydaelectronics.com, you can get lots of stuff.
LEDs are $0.02

for about 0.5 cents each
I'd get 20 of each resistor size in the E6 series to keep thins simple
100. 1k
150. 1.5k
220. 2.2k
330. 3.3k
470. 4.7k
680. 6.8k
Repeat for each decade up to 6.8M and then add a 10M just for fun.

you can do the same for capacitors 100pF to 1000uF (5 to 10 each)

Then add a few cheap op amps (single supply and can handle input/output down to zero volts TL353 and/or TLC271

some 555 timers

5v regulators (TL7805)

Some LIght dependent resistors

some logic gates
Some flip flops
Some switches (toggle switches and momentary push buttons)
Battery holders (9v and 3 x AA batteries)
Header pins
An Arduino nano or similar
Many thanks

Robesim

Joined May 1, 2017
The type of assorted components depends on your interests and the direction you plan on taking your electronics enthusiasm. I can think of three areas that starter kits tend to target:

#1 - General electronics experimentation, resistors, capacitors, discretes, transistors, ICs, breadboards etc.
#2 - Arduino and MCU interfacing, keypads, LCD displays, modules
#3 - Robotics, motors, actuators, servos, relays, senors etc.

Select one of the three above.
Im pick #3 Robotics, motors, actuators, servos, relays, senors etc

k1ng 1337

Joined Sep 11, 2020
I want to control electric motors, build oscillators, amplifiers, build analog circuits to begin with. Of course later on digital. What areas of electronics?
The $60 pack MrChips posted would give you a nice combo of analog and digital components. You can likely buy the individual items plenty cheaper as I have done. I recommend buying a microcontroller now as you can use it to do all kinds of extra things like a frequency generator and voltmeter. If you want to stick with analog concepts for now, definitely start looking at some cheap oscilloscopes because without one you are wandering in the dark.

Robesim

Joined May 1, 2017
The $60 pack MrChips posted would give you a nice combo of analog and digital components. You can likely buy the individual items plenty cheaper as I have done. I recommend buying a microcontroller now as you can use it to do all kinds of extra things like a frequency generator and voltmeter. If you want to stick with analog concepts for now, definitely start looking at some cheap oscilloscopes because without one you are wandering in the dark.
Ok thanks, i ordered an oscilloscope already