Electronic Appliances-Need Suggestion

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Pretty sure rotten.com has a few examples - like; "potatoes and jelly" for example.
Yeah but...
An X-ray is probaby the easiest "trick photography" environment out there. Just set a bulb on someone's stomach and presto, you can claim there is a bulb up their a$$.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Well, I didn't know that glass would block x-rays. I can see the filament doing so, and I can see the base doing so. But the glass?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The X-rays may be blocked by the glass due to its composition.
There are many types of glass, as descibed in the wiki:

The following is a list of the more common types of silicate glasses and their ingredients, properties, and applications:

• Fused quartz,[9] also called fused-silica glass,[10] vitreous-silica glass: silica (SiO2) in vitreous, or glass, form (i.e., its molecules are disordered and random, without crystalline structure). It has very low thermal expansion, is very hard, and resists high temperatures (1000–1500 °C). It is also the most resistant against weathering (caused in other glasses by alkali ions leaching out of the glass, while staining it). Fused quartz is used for high-temperature applications such as furnace tubes, lighting tubes, melting crucibles, etc.[11]
  • Soda-lime-silica glass, window glass:[12] silica + sodium oxide (Na2O) + lime (CaO) + magnesia (MgO) + alumina (Al2O3).[13][14] Is transparent,[15] easily formed and most suitable for window glass (see flat glass).[16] It has a high thermal expansion and poor resistance to heat[15] (500–600 °C).[11] It is used for windows, some low-temperature incandescent light bulbs, and tableware.[17] Container glass is a soda-lime glass that is a slight variation on flat glass, which uses more alumina and calcium, and less sodium and magnesium, which are more water-soluble. This makes it less susceptible to water erosion.
  • Sodium borosilicate glass, Pyrex: silica + boron trioxide (B2O3) + soda (Na2O) + alumina (Al2O3).[18] Stands heat expansion much better than window glass.[10] Used for chemical glassware, cooking glass, car head lamps, etc. Borosilicate glasses (e.g. Pyrex, Duran) have as main constituents silica and boron trioxide. They have fairly low coefficients of thermal expansion (7740 Pyrex CTE is 3.25×10−6/°C[19] as compared to about 9×10−6/°C for a typical soda-lime glass[20]), making them more dimensionally stable. The lower coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE) also makes them less subject to stress caused by thermal expansion, thus less vulnerable to cracking from thermal shock. They are commonly used for reagent bottles, optical components and household cookware.
  • Lead-oxide glass, crystal glass,[11] lead glass:[21] silica + lead oxide (PbO) + potassium oxide (K2O) + soda (Na2O) + zinc oxide (ZnO) + alumina. Because of its high density (resulting in a high electron density), it has a high refractive index, making the look of glassware more brilliant[22] (called "crystal", though of course it is a glass and not a crystal). It also has a high elasticity, making glassware "ring". It is also more workable in the factory, but cannot stand heating very well.[11] This kind of glass is also more fragile than other glasses[23] and is easier to cut.[22]
  • Aluminosilicate glass: silica + alumina + lime + magnesia[24] + barium oxide (BaO)[11] + boric oxide (B2O3).[24] Extensively used for fiberglass,[24] used for making glass-reinforced plastics (boats, fishing rods, etc.) and for halogen bulb glass.[11] Aluminosilicate glasses are also resistant to weathering and water erosion.[25]
  • Germanium-oxide glass: alumina + germanium dioxide (GeO2). Extremely clear glass, used for fiber-optic waveguides in communication networks.[26] Light loses only 5% of its intensity through 1 km of glass fiber.[11]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass

Bertus

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Well, I didn't know that glass would block x-rays. I can see the filament doing so, and I can see the base doing so. But the glass?
Was your assumption because glass is clear? Or because you think it is made up of atoms with a much different electron density than bone?

Ps - both assumptions are wrong.
Glass can be seen fairly easily in X-ray unless it is very thin.