Electromagnetic Induction Help Required

erashish14

Joined Apr 27, 2011
Hi Experts,

I'm doing an experiment of Electromagnetic Induction (producing current by changing magnetic field i.e. by circulating magnetic wheel of N52 Neodymium Magnets around copper coil),

but what i found

when the speed of wheel is HIGH, the Output Current is LOW (in range of .02 microAmp) &

when wheel is about to stop i.e. when its speed is LOW, the Output Current is HIGH (in range of .11 microAmp)

check the video once (
),

Kindly suggest where i'm doing wrong or what i need to change in my experiment, because as per Faraday's law, more frequent change in magnetic field produces more current, but its not seen in my experiment

Kindly help

Thanks in Advance
Ashish
"Solar Roof on Roads with Rain Water Harvesting & Advertisements"
http://lightenmyways.blogspot.com/

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
@erashish14

Set your meter to AC volts.

Try again.

Then try with the coil of wire in different orientations (with hole of spool
- left to right
- front to back
- top to bottom
)

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hi Experts,

I'm doing an experiment of Electromagnetic Induction (producing current by changing magnetic field i.e. by circulating magnetic wheel of N52 Neodymium Magnets around copper coil),

but what i found

when the speed of wheel is HIGH, the Output Current is LOW (in range of .02 microAmp) &

when wheel is about to stop i.e. when its speed is LOW, the Output Current is HIGH (in range of .11

microAmp)

check the video once (
),

Kindly suggest where i'm doing wrong or what i need to change in my experiment, because as per Faraday's law, more frequent change in magnetic field produces more current, but its not seen in my experiment

Kindly help

Thanks in Advance
Ashish
"Solar Roof on Roads with Rain Water Harvesting & Advertisements"
http://lightenmyways.blogspot.com/
It takes a while for the meter to react. What does the output look like on a scope?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Because each magnet in turn moves towards and then away from the coil the coil produces an AC voltage. The averaged reading on a DC scale will be zero.