Electrodermal Device- Wanted!

BIZWIZ

Joined Aug 22, 2016
Alec thanks for your reply. The sensitivity to various foods, chemicals etc varies between individuals and indeed over time e.g. some people are allergic to various nuts, some people are sensitive to red wine and various makeup’s for women cause skin issues ( this list is virtually endless).

But the important point to remember is that this sensitivity is real. There is quite a bit of evidence to suggest this sensitivity can be measured (although accuracy is always a scientific issue). There are devices in use by various health practitioners (especially in Germany) EAV and bioresonacne which are used by practitioners.
We are seeking to explore this further with a skilful, open minded "expert" who work with us to co can develop a device which is slightly different.
Getting the sensitivities “right” is the key.

This is a very legitimate request and we are looking for leads or expressions of interest.. Someone who can take the significant amount of information we already have and work on this to develop what we specifically require. The remuneration received would be commensurate with the result obtained – but first things first we need a technician with the respective skill level and the enthusiasm to work with us. We are from Australia.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
@R!f@@ How would you get from the Maldives to Australia by air?
Expedia has the answer -- via Colombo and Kuala Lampur in 30 h and 5 min -- Heluva deal at $1180.70
I do not think there is a direct flight. All I know is, it is darn expensive. lil' more than a months salary.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
These solicitations so resemble the "Nigerian scam" (https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/unexpected-money/nigerian-scams ) that I wounder why ACC continues to allow them. A simple solution:
1) Require the poster to give minimum dollar(USA)/hour fee;
2) Require that the poster establish an escrow account (there are many Internet providers for such) to cover some minimum number of hours , say 40, but anything greater than 10 many be reasonable; and
3) Require that such information accompany the original post.

John
Funny things is we got a "Rich Idiot" who did fall for it. He is lucky to be alive. Good story.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Alec thanks for your reply. The sensitivity to various foods, chemicals etc varies between individuals and indeed over time e.g. some people are allergic to various nuts, some people are sensitive to red wine and various makeup’s for women cause skin issues ( this list is virtually endless).
We are from Australia.
From Australia, or in Australia (or both)?

Patient-contact electronics are not automatically difficult to design or build, but *are* automatically extremely expensive to insure. In your business plan, what percentage of the selling price do you have budgeted for liability insurance. Also, after a working prototype is developed, what are your budget and timeline for both non-human and human trials? What is the size of the target population you can screen for test subjects? Do you have any peer-reviewed research journal articles to establish a basic approach?

ak

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
There is quite a bit of evidence to suggest this sensitivity can be measured
Let's see it. Can you post links to some? I'm ready to accept that dermal effects occur, but how would you distinguish them from effects due to, for example, emotional stress?

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
From Australia, or in Australia (or both)?

Patient-contact electronics are not automatically difficult to design or build, but *are* automatically extremely expensive to insure. In your business plan, what percentage of the selling price do you have budgeted for liability insurance. Also, after a working prototype is developed, what are your budget and timeline for both non-human and human trials? What is the size of the target population you can screen for test subjects? Do you have any peer-reviewed research journal articles to establish a basic approach?

ak
Let alone the time lag from ingestion to skin change with a reaction.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
A simple solution:
1) Require the poster to give minimum dollar(USA)/hour fee;
2) Require that the poster establish an escrow account (there are many Internet providers for such) to cover some minimum number of hours , say 40, but anything greater than 10 many be reasonable; and
3) Require that such information accompany the original post.
And a higher post count for the member making the request/offer. Even the "marketplace" forum requires 10 posts.

BIZWIZ

Joined Aug 22, 2016
We are from Australia- meaning we live in Australia but its a glogal world we live in and travel isnt challenging.

1. Yes there is considerable evidence to suggest that devices can test peoples sensitivities to various foods and chemicals. Clearly sensitivities exist and we are after a degree of measurement. Check out this site http://www.holimed.com/the-eav-devices-from-holimed/ .... there is considerable research on this and i dare say a fair bit of sceptism but we are beyond that and only require an enthusiastic and open minded person to work with us.

2.Dermal effects do occur as sensitivities are real. I think the real challenge is to detect to a level if something is good or bad ( this isnt so much a health practitioner device we are seeking to make but something aligned yet different. Clearly sensitivities constantly change so we desire to pick up in real time of something is good for us given our health emotional state etc.

3.Trialling is clearly important if we are to develop what we want and our budget reflects this important need.

4. The remainer of the issues arent so relevant - once we have a working prototype we will be very happy

All we desire is to engage with someone who is prepared to co develop this prototype. If it can be done our plan is well developed and funded.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I'm not convinced, by that Holimed blurb, that skin resistance values can be attributed uniquely to a given cause. Good luck with the project.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'm going on record with my opinion: This is shear quackery.

The one thing that, more than any other, influenced my opinion was finding this:

It's equivalent to a big red flag that says "No science here".

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I'm going on record with my opinion: This is shear quackery.

The one thing that, more than any other, influenced my opinion was finding this:

It's equivalent to a big red flag that says "No science here".
Hey, they went through the effort of copying images from the Internet and arranging them into some sort of symbology that Dan Brown could use as a plot twist. The only evidence you give is a gut feel? Come on, give the guy a chance.

There is obviously some science in that ying/yang energy flow diagram - otherwise they would have covered all combinations with double-headed arrows. But the clear message that water can become fire but fire cannot become water or that each "element" cannot become the element in the immediate anti-clockwise position. People don't just make up stuff this elaborate - there has to be a scientific basis to it. Your lack of enlightenment and inability to understand isnt a basis to disqualify the scientific merit.

Last edited:

BIZWIZ

Joined Aug 22, 2016
Electrodermal screening

HOW DOES ELECTRODERMAL SCREENING WORK?
E

lectrodermal screen (EDS) ‘is a form of computerized information gathering which is based on physics, not chemistry. A blunt, non-invasive electric probe is placed at specific points on the patient’s hands, face or feet, corresponding to acupuncture points at the beginning or end of energy meridians. Minute electrical discharges from these points serve as information signals about the condition of the body’s organs and systems…. EDS uses a scale of 0 to 100, with a 45-55 being ‘normal’ or ‘balanced’”. The key idea is that energy transfers its signal through an acupuncture meridian to the nervous system, with the end result being a cellular pathology. EDS is a ‘data acquisition process’….” (Alternative Medicine, issue 27, January 1999, p. 59)

ARE THE RESULTS ACCURATE?
The foundation of this technology is the work of Reinhold Voll, M.D. almost 50 years ago. Voll’s work is often referred to as electroacupuncture according to Voll (EAV). Although relatively new to Canada this testing system is understood, accepted and widely used in many other countries including Germany, France and England. Today’s testing equipment is the end product of a 30-year evolution of Dr. Voll’s work that utilized a modern computer program, a sensitive ohm meter and a signal generator.

Research published in the Journal of Naturopathic Medicine concluded that ‘electrical conductance data reviewed correspond with histological reports. In clinical practice, EDS instruments are useful as diagnostic supplements to blood test, radiographic image and case histories. The integration of reliable and valid bioelectric medical instruments into the clinical setting augment the ability to rapidly evaluate tissues…. Bioelectric medicine offers clinicians new quantitative methods for evaluations subtle electromagnetic changes in humans.”

The foundation of this technology is the work of Reinhold Voll, M.D. almost 50 years ago. Voll’s work is often referred to as electroacupuncture according to Voll (EAV). Although relatively new to Canada this testing system is understood, accepted and widely used in many other countries including Germany, France and England. Today’s testing equipment is the end product of a 30-year evolution of Dr. Voll’s work that utilized a modern computer program, a sensitive ohm meter and a signal generator.

Research published in the Journal of Naturopathic Medicine concluded that ‘electrical conductance data reviewed correspond with histological reports. In clinical practice, EDS instruments are useful as diagnostic supplements to blood test, radiographic image and case histories. The integration of reliable and valid bioelectric medical instruments into the clinical setting augment the ability to rapidly evaluate tissues…. Bioelectric medicine offers clinicians new quantitative methods for evaluations subtle electromagnetic changes in humans.”

HOW COULD A FOOD SENSITIVITY TEST HELP ME?
Although the simplest method of treating a food sensitivity would be to eliminate all pertinent foods, determining the foods that affect you most may be a long and difficult process. Food sensitivity testing, through electrodermal screening, is quick and reliable resource to determine specific food sensitivities.

Whilst people are always free to debate the "science" or authenticty of anything - we live in a free world which should encourage explorative thought. I think the pertinent issue does the benefit outweigh the cost of "understanding".
In this case our project seeks to fine tune the sensitivity issue that people have to everyday items eg foods and chemcials etc.
If there is a remote possibility the device we seek to develop could help people free themselves from every day ailments eg allergies and even tiredness then its worth encouraging.

I value everyones thoughts and a contribution adds to ones understanding in a way.

If anyone knows of someone who would like to talk at a deeper level then please leave their name.

regards Trevor

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Food sensitivity testing, through electrodermal screening, is quick and reliable resource to determine specific food sensitivities.
Quick and reliable? I think that remains to be seen.

But anyway, the electrical requirements to make your test device are fairly trivial as far as I can tell. You need to measure impedance of a patient at a low frequency. Basically you need the DC resistance but I believe you have to alternate the polarity because human tissue can polarize itself in response to an electric field, thus disrupting the measurement. You alternate the current to stay ahead of the self-polarization.

Your impedance measurement needs to span 3? orders of magnitude, something like 100 to 100K ohms. Some transform function maps the impedance to a 0-100 scale for convenience.

I think the physical requirements, such as the shape, composition and attachment of the electrodes will be more challenging. I mean, the meter can precisely measure whatever you connect to it, but how will you ensure consistency of probing? Especially if the device is in the hands of users as opposed to trained lab techs.

You might enjoy reading about a related project. In that project, I used a circuit to drive a constant current through the patient. The circuitry self-adjusts to the skin and probe differences, and still delivers a constant current. Measuring the voltage required to do that would tell you something about the patient's impedance, as long as that is the weakest link. Otherwise it just tells you about the probe attachment.

BIZWIZ

Joined Aug 22, 2016
Thank you so much for the last two responses- very interesting and informative. Yes in our project the device would be in the hands of the user and not a technician and that is a very important consideration.

I will research some information about a patch )

The sensitivity needs to be strong but once again this will not be a health product but more one of personal convewnience and information.... giving a quick general but informative response.

We would need a response in isolation as well as one in comarison ( which might be easier to do )

BIZWIZ

Joined Aug 22, 2016
Hey BR 549 - thank you for the link and the very positive reply. That type of thing clearly has tremendous commercial appeal even if its only 87% accurate. people love this quirky type of thing. We aim to be in thew same area albeit different and we strongly believe the body can generate information about what is good for it ( ie respective sensitivities to 'things") but the issue is measuring this through some "device" with relative accuracy. That said it would be very useful to test say a glass of red wine and a glass of white wine and say a juice and work out which one at that moment in time is best for us!!!!!. Clearly we beleive the body has the genetic - intuitive capacity to assess this but how can we read it?

Still looking for our technician to help !

I hope we are onto something

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Still looking for our technician to help !

I hope we are onto something
Well, I sent a PM to explain that I would build it for you. Since you didn't respond, I started building my own. I have been working in it about a week and I am really pleased with the results. I have focused on a few binary correlations. and health issues. Hungry / not hungry; happy / sad; sleepy / not sleepy ; and so on. I am already 50% accurate on predicting whether my subject is male or female.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Monitoring and inducing bio character signals has of lot of interest now. You never know how popular things might get. With u processors and multi function chips, the hardware cost is small. There are all kinds of different applications for this type circuitry.
Look how vaping took off. I've read some interesting articles on this bio stuff. Just the geekyness will sell cheap products.
The way it's going, you won't need input cables and conditioning, the circuit will be at sensor location. Just an output cable or a transmission.