Electro motor speed control with tacho

qobouky

Joined Feb 8, 2021
Hello,

I would like to ask you for help with wiring of motor with tacho from washing machine with speed controller from china.

Motor: MCA 52/64-148 / KT15
1612771233916.png

Speed regulator: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32912766976.html
1612770721500.png
red and white are the capacitor auxiliary wires, and 2 blue wires are the speed control feedback wires, the green wire is the ground wire.

I am sure how to connect tacho but I am not sure how do a rest. I guess that I should interconnect violet and black on the motor and then blue and brown on the motor connect to red and while on controller.

Motor - Regulator
orange ?
brown ?
black ?
violet ?
blue ?
red blue
red blue
GND green

Thank you very much for any suggestion

Attachments

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I think that speed controller is designed to be used with an induction motor. The motor in your diagram is a series wound (Universal) type of motor which are very common in washing machines. This type of motor has very poor speed regulation without closed loop feedback. Without feedback and with a light load they can go so fast that they destroy themselves. There is an IC that is commonly used in washing machine speed controllers that would be a good basis for a speed controller for the motor you have. It is a TDA1085C. The data sheet for this IC gives a suggested circuit for it's use.

Les.

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Very rare to see a Universal motor in washing machines now, they go back to circa 1980-'90.
Mostly Fischer-Paykel out-runner type now.
Max.

qobouky

Joined Feb 8, 2021
Hi All,

I am not sure if I can trust but I saw pictures where this regulator is connected to motor looks like mine. Unfortunately without connection instruction :-(

qobouky

Joined Feb 8, 2021
Hi All,

So I followed my sense and made it working. Connection is as i described and motor run and it is possible to regulate. Of cource I cvannot test TACHO without implementation

Motor - Regulator
orange - ?
brown - red
black - connected to motor violet
violet - connected to motor black
blue - green
red - blue
red - blue
GND GND

This setup works