Electric bicycle battery repair/diy

Jokero

Joined Mar 27, 2020
Hello there!
I recently purchased an e-bike (Batavus Padova Easy) with semi dead BMS, semi it's because it allowed the batteries to be charged fully, and that's good because it allowed me to test them, and once I did, I noticed that the batteries are OK, they hold charge decently, not dropping below 24 volts.

The thing is that the BMS is glued in the case with silicone rubber, It's really hard to find any information about the board itself - the brand/series, and I wonder if I can "hack" the BMS with another one that might work with this battery, or mainly with the electric motor. I'm just curious if it's possible to make it work in any way possible, and since I have the batteries already, and the motor, I would like then to keep it as cost effective as possible.

Anything that might help revive that bicycle will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

20210615_201212.jpg

20210615_201218.jpg

Jokero

Joined Mar 27, 2020
Thanks for the reply!
I did cut out pieces of the silicone, and I can cut the wires off from the batteries without any issues. I have also loosened the whole silicone from the case to remove it, but unless I get any solution to this issue I won't be cutting it out just yet.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Thanks for the reply!
I did cut out pieces of the silicone, and I can cut the wires off from the batteries without any issues. I have also loosened the whole silicone from the case to remove it, but unless I get any solution to this issue I won't be cutting it out just yet.
Is it an easy 7,easy Royale, easy Deluxe? because the motor is different for each. Not so easy peezy. ;) by the way I like your tenacity & log-on name.
Jokero!
You're playing with a well seasoned joker!:D

ephoto_1615801097235.jpg

Last edited: