EGS002 inverter project help needed

Joeadeoye

Joined Apr 2, 2017
230 VAC is RMS value and the peak voltage is 230×√2=325 volts. With 12 V it is possible to make 12 V/√2=8,5 RMS volt sine wave. It would be good to have some margin. If 12 V is minimum input voltage, then use 12 V on the calculation. There should be allowance for transformer voltage drop, which I assume to be about 5%. Perhaps winding the transformer ratio for about 7,5/230 V, if 12 V is expected minimum input voltage.
Thank you very much. I will rewind my input volt to 7.5v as u suggest. I will test it and give you feedback. Thanks

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
I did not read all the posts, but if you out a 20w load and the expected wattage is 200W, if the current is the same, the voltage will drop to make the power less. At least with a current generator/transformer, this is what you will get. I have had this problem before.

Joeadeoye

Joined Apr 2, 2017
230 VAC is RMS value and the peak voltage is 230×√2=325 volts. With 12 V it is possible to make 12 V/√2=8,5 RMS volt sine wave. It would be good to have some margin. If 12 V is minimum input voltage, then use 12 V on the calculation. There should be allowance for transformer voltage drop, which I assume to be about 5%. Perhaps winding the transformer ratio for about 7,5/230 V, if 12 V is expected minimum input voltage.
Everything is working fine now, I added 10000uf cap at the battery input to smoothing the input current from battery.

I can now power 500Watt load without any problem. Thank you for your help.

Everything is working fine now, I added 10000uf cap at the battery input to smoothing the input current from battery.

What modifications did you make? what was the transformer winding details? was it still 9V? or 7.5V? what was your minimum battery voltage?

Joeadeoye

Joined Apr 2, 2017
What modifications did you make? what was the transformer winding details? was it still 9V? or 7.5V? what was your minimum battery voltage?
Battery: 12v
Transformer: 7.5v/220v
The main problem is with the feedback. If your output voltage is not correct, work on the resistor used on the feedback after rectifier. As for me, I used 100k each at the positive and negative of the bridge rectifier, but I guess the value is wrong. You can play with the values to get the right output voltage..

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016

The 10mF capacitor will work, but you should test it extensively in order to make sure it does not burns.

Alpepp

Joined Apr 18, 2016
Hi I am trying to build inverter to output 15VAC using EGS002 driver board. My voltage supply to mosfet bidge is 20VDC. What would suggest 1. Feedback AC as in Figure 6.2 of EG8010 Datasheet or 2. Feedback DC (from rectify diodes) as per Figure 6.6 of EG8010 Datasheet. Thanks Al

Amoo

Joined Jan 28, 2019
Battery: 12v
Transformer: 7.5v/220v
The main problem is with the feedback. If your output voltage is not correct, work on the resistor used on the feedback after rectifier. As for me, I used 100k each at the positive and negative of the bridge rectifier, but I guess the value is wrong. You can play with the values to get the right output voltage..

Good day sir.
Pls am also working on an Inverter using EGs002. Bt am having challenges on it too. I can only power up to 86w, before it will power off and blink 4times. Pls help me with solutions. Thanks

Hi all,
I have one doubt to clear, please help if know somebody
In "egs002" the pin vs1 & vs2 can connect directly to 72 volts transformer input without any resistor