EGS002 Inverter technology, setup issues

RDBatBSSL

Joined Jan 17, 2011
EGS002 Inverter technology.
I have used quite a few EGS002 pcb's for inverter projects where the DC voltage is from 2 x 12v batteries and my purpose designed pcb incorporates changeover circuitry and a small constant current constant voltage charger for sealed lead acid batteries. This is essentially for emergency lighting applications where LED lamps are being used. For low voltage work, these modules are very good and operate well. I have incorporated a very small isolation transformer in my feedback circuit to ensure none of the output is seen on the pcb so everything is isolated between the low voltage battery side and the high voltage AC sections. I have tried to produce a high voltage bridge circuit with a 360v DC rail but have destroyed several EGS002 modules and a few output devices. The driver chips, IR2110 & 2113 are designed for high voltage applications but something is clearly not good with the EGS002 circuitry as I cannot trace any faults that could cause such major failures. I then purchased a kit from AliExpress featuring the identical components and this also would not work and destroyed several drive pcb's. I either need to stick with low powered circuitry operating at either 24 or 48 volts or obtain some very technical advice and circuitry practices before I attempt to look at higher powered bridge circuits for bigger inverters. I might stretch my brain and see whether the Arduino route might be more appropriate. I have written some simple codes for lighting displays and a very basic spwm inverter but very little more so far. It is a new field of electronics for me, but am willing to learn. I would be interested to know whether anyone has written code for the Arduino for SPWM applications where voltage and current feedback are incorporated. Any thoughts would be very welcome.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there. Welcome to AAC!
:)
my purpose designed pcb incorporates changeover circuitry and a small constant current constant voltage charger for sealed lead acid batteries.
An extra pair of eyes is always helpful. would you happen to have a circuit schematic, perhaps some photos?That would be wonderful.