eeprom

roshanpj

Joined Sep 5, 2008
hi all,

am doing a data logger project with 89c51 controller.... i wanted to store datas from six sensors in the eeprom's provided.can several eeproms connected to a single controller. ie 2 or 3 eeproms (24c512 or 24c1024).. and more over i hav to retrieve those stored datas using a usb device when all the eeproms are full or even when i wish....

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
hi all,

am doing a data logger project with 89c51 controller.... i wanted to store datas from six sensors in the eeprom's provided.can several eeproms connected to a single controller. ie 2 or 3 eeproms (24c512 or 24c1024).. and more over i hav to retrieve those stored datas using a usb device when all the eeproms are full or even when i wish....
Yes you can if you have enough pins on the uC. If dont have many pins I/O then you can use demultiplexers or tristae buffers to connect the eeproms on the same address and data bus and thus use 1/3 of the pins plus 3 other pins to enable and disable each eeprom individually.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
hi all,

You should be able to put these I2C memories all on a single I2C bus. IMHO it would be better if you get a microncontroller that has an I2C support feature such as the AVR 8-bit series or similar since you can then use the TWI (2-wire interface) to communicate with them.

hgmjr