Edit-Ability of OPs?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
A few days ago I noticed that the edit feature was no-longer offered for OPs (i.e. post #1) -- But then following submission of a thread today (Apr/18/2016) -- I notice the 'edit' button is once again present on the OP?! --- Any explanation/thoughts will be greatly appreciated!:):):)

Best regards
HP:cool:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
jrap has been tweaking this feature since last Friday.
Edit restrictions apply to new members (fewer than 10 posts) in the Homework Help forum.
Seasoned members now have 15 minutes to edit OP in Homework Help.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
jrap has been tweaking this feature since last Friday.
Edit restrictions apply to new members (fewer than 10 posts) in the Homework Help forum.
Season members now have 15 minutes to edit OP in Homework Help.
Many thanks for your reply!:)

So... Am I to understand that 'Homework Help' is the sole forum to which OP edit restrictions now apply?

Very best regards
HP:)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I might have to actually learn about this.:eek:
My usual method is to blast my idea into the keyboard first and fix it second.
or, as tcm says, post quickly, followed by frantic hammering on the "edit" button.:D

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
or, as tcm says, post quickly, followed by frantic hammering on the "edit" button.:D
I tend to do that, too, though not on purpose. I try to post things as I intend them, but invariably find typos and such upon reading it.

Keep in mind that these restrictions only apply to the original post in a thread -- anyone can edit their responses at any time.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
I hear ya! --- Like @WBahn I try to 'get it right the first time' -- though, in my case, I seldom do:oops: -- Seems there's always a 'dropped' preposition, conjunction, article -- or the dread w/w error owed to a meddlesome auto-speller (which, in the case of FireFox, has quite a vocabulary!:eek:):D

For all that - I wholeheartedly sympathize with the (presumptive) motivation for the new rule (as applied to the Homework Forum)...:):):):)
It will provide welcome relief indeed from one of the worst stressors endemic 'over yonder' --- To wit: 'problem creep':mad::rolleyes:

Best regards
HP:)

Last edited: