ECG Signal Duplicated

MedicalJurisprudence

Joined Feb 13, 2012
I am trying to find someone who may be able to assist our group in evaluating an ECG signal generator that we have developed. We have been trying to develop a way to take a previous patient ECG (patient later died), and format it could be re-entered into other ECG machines to see if the interpretive algorithms would give the same interpretation that the initial ECG machine did. I believe we have gone from Analog – Digital – back to Analog then re-entered into other ECG Machines.

In short; an ECG machine gave an interpretation of Wolff-Parkinson-White Pattern to a patient who obviously was having a STEMI. We would like to see if any other ECG machine interpretive algorithms would give the same interpretation to this patients prior ECG.

We think we have developed such a machine using MatLab software but we would like a second opinion.

Our office number is (956) 399 2496
Name: Dr. Jody Griswold

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Someone in your group(with lots of computer know-how) should be able to arrange to 'record' the signals that are being fed into the machine. Such a recording could then be played back and used as a signal source for testing on other machine platforms.

MedicalJurisprudence

Joined Feb 13, 2012
We actually completed quite a few tests on the signal generator. I was able to enter the reproduced signal into 7 different ECG machines for some interesting interpretations. The problem is that the initial ECG machine manufacturer doesn't believe our work is valid. They have actually gone as far as said what we have done is impossible.

Therefore, we were hoping to find a person or group of persons to valid what we have done. Simply put; someone or group that can read through our work, look at our tests and agree, re-test, criticize or disagree with what we have done. I am at a loss to find any professional agency that does this and was hoping to find some bright people interested here.

Jody