Eagle - library for all usb types? (female)

Bod

Joined Sep 18, 2016
The question is a simple as it sounds. I need a library (or part numbers if they already exist on Eagle), that will provide me with all USB types (female versions).
This includes:
- Type A (not SS)
- Type B (also not SS)
- Mini A
- Mini B
- Mini AB
- Micro B (Micro A is very uncommon)
- Micro AB
- Type C

Wiki page on the USB types is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Overview.

Hopefully a library exists!
Bod

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Check the connector libraries:
eagleUSB.jpg
I'm using an old version of Eagle (7.5.0). Newer versions might have more connectors.

Bod

Joined Sep 18, 2016
Thanks so far,

I have already had a look at the connector libraries, and I was able to get few of the connectors I wanted, but not all. And some of them were not THT, which makes my life so much easier.

I will have another look though. Maybe I'm being blind!

Bod.

EDIT: Just had another look, this time with 'Smds' disabled and I was only able to find Type-B and Mini-B out of the 8 needed.

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Thanks so far,

I have already had a look at the connector libraries, and I was able to get few of the connectors I wanted, but not all. And some of them were not THT, which makes my life so much easier.

I will have another look though. Maybe I'm being blind!

Bod.

EDIT: Just had another look, this time with 'Smds' disabled and I was only able to find Type-B and Mini-B out of the 8 needed.
I would find the connector you want and just make the library. It is not that hard and is extremely useful to know how to do for other designs. We can help you.

Bod

Joined Sep 18, 2016
I guess that is the way to go.

Where is the best place I should start on making my own library?

Bod