dsPIC interrupts and xc16 compiler

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by odm4286, Sep 12, 2015.

1. odm4286

Thread Starter Senior Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Hello all, played around with interrupts for the first time and I have a question. I'm having a little trouble/curiosity with how ISR are assigned. Here is my interrupt routine(I know I broke some rules here, calling functions from within, etc etc)
    Code (C):
    3. void __attribute__ (( __interrupt__ )) _ADCInterrupt (void)
    4. {
    5.     sprintf(data, "%d", ADCBUF0);
    6.     IFS0bits.ADIF = 0;                                  // clear interrupt flag
    7. }
    Now see where it says _ADCInterrupt? Well, the dsPIC3014 datasheet lists 0x00002E as the IVT for this peripheral. Is it possible to use this address somehow? That way I'm not always dependent on a compiler specific constant? Also, I've searched around in the xc16 datasheet and can't seem to find a list of interrupt constants...

So any explanation would be greatly appreciated, I'm understanding the theory of interrupts so far I just wish I knew more about how they are assigned.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  2. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    I would think it would be in the pic datasheet.

3. odm4286

Thread Starter Senior Member

Sep 20, 2009
    The datasheet has a list of memory addresses, but not the actually constants the compiler uses to assign ISR's to a specific peripheral interrupt. You can't use a memory address in place of the constant _ADCInterrupt, at least not on my compiler

4. dannyf

Sep 13, 2015
    Constants like _T1Interrupt is automatically resolved in the corresponding .gld files.

Code (Text):
    1. That way I'm not always dependent on a compiler specific constant?
    It is always more desirable to use the compiler-dependent names, vs. some magic numbers you may put there - the addresses may change from device to device and it is much harder to remember that _T1Interrupt() is a timer1 interrupt, rather than 0x00002E.

ErnieM likes this.