Drudge Atrocity Solved

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I don't know about you.........but I have had a long standing grudge with Drudge.

I had been using Firefox and Windows for many years now and I have never been able to find or solve the Drudge refresh problem. It has infuriated me for years. You start reading down thru the headlines and that SOB will refresh.

I'll bet I tried everything I could find to stop it. I never could solve the problem. I quit going to Drudge for awhile.......or maybe retry occasionally.......but could never last more than a couple of refreshes.

Then......a few years ago I found a Drudge clone. It was a copy of Drudge, with all the bullshit cut out. I have been reading Drudge in peace and quiet for a few years now.

THIS MORNING THE CLONE WAS REMOVED. I been in a fit all day long.

So back to a ritual of searching for a FF-Win solution. And of course they all failed again. To explain the grudge drudge context........these solutions do work on other websites.......just not Drudge. This is why the grudge.

For some un-known reason.....I watched a youtube vid on the drudge problem with internet explorer. This is strange......because I don't have internet explorer on my machine.

BUT....on win 10 pro.......listed in the left tree on file explorer.........the old control panel is there....with internet options in it. Open the control panel to see it.....it's not listed in left tree.

Click security...click restricted sites....click sites. Copy drudge address into box. Click OK.
Close all. Hey.......I'll try anything.........

SUCCESS.

drudge no longer refreshes on firefox. peace in the valley again.