DRL as indicator light.

chandra sekhar Behera

Joined Sep 1, 2019
Hello, i am a hobbyst. Recently i want to make a single Daytime Running LED which will run blinking with indicator also after indicator off, the DRL run with parking light continously. PLS ANYONE CAN SOLVE THIS. Thanx in advance. Also i created a simple scematic. Pls anyone do with practical and if he can make it better. Attaching the imageIMG_20190901_224650.jpg

iimagine

Joined Dec 20, 2010
Your schematic makes no sense. D1 is connected backward. Which VCC is which? and from where? voltage? what makes the LED blinks?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You mention DRL and also parking, what do you want to achieve?
If auto related, in N.A, DRL are mandatory in many jurisdictions, i.e. headlights on low during daylight hours.
Max.

iimagine

Joined Dec 20, 2010
I still cant picture what you are trying to do, but to combine a steady on light with a blinking signal, you can do something like this:
DeleteMe1.PNG

Edit: I forgot to add the flyback diode

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
I thought I was the inly one that was confused?
Why do you want the DRL to blink? Or am I reading this wrong.
What part of the relay were you thinking of connecting to the turn signal circuit? Coil or switch? One can be done, one cannot.
And your diode....is backwards.

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
Its the new craze from car makers lately to include DRL and Turn signals on same circuits.
The Turn signal lights run as the DRL normally and when signal is triggered they will blink instead.
Its hideous to see if you ask me. I prefer the normal amber signals.

(and your diode is backwards)

chandra sekhar Behera

Joined Sep 1, 2019
Friends, finally my circuit run smoothly. 1st, when i switched on DRL, that run continously. Whenever i switched on the TURN INDICATOR the DRL become blinking with indicator. Please wait and let me show my video in 1-2 days. I will post the complete circuit diagram also.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
It is a flyback diode to prevent high voltage comes from induced force from relay.
I understand that but you don't short them to negative like you did. Or at least I've never seen it done. You do understand that the connection I talked about will conduct before the Vf of the "flyback diode" is reached don't you?

And the capacitor C1 will be charged to the flyback voltage making the relay cycle on and off until it gets below the pull in voltage of the relay. Slowing down the turn off time.

Last edited:

chandra sekhar Behera

Joined Sep 1, 2019
I understand that but you don't short them to negative like you did. Or at least I've never seen it done. You do understand that the connection I talked about will conduct before the Vf of the "flyback diode" is reached don't you?

And the capacitor C1 will be charged to the flyback voltage making the relay cycle on and off until it gets below the pull in voltage of the relay. Slowing down the turn off time.
Capacitor is connected for slowing down the relay off time. Coz, during indicator the relay will remain on (NO position) for enabling the DRL to function as Indicator. Again at indicator off position the relay will remain off (NC) to enable DRL again. Understand this

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Capacitor is connected for slowing down the relay off time. Coz, during indicator the relay will remain on (NO position) for enabling the DRL to function as Indicator. Again at indicator off position the relay will remain off (NC) to enable DRL again. Understand this
I tried to help you see a problem but you have your mind made up, so I'll stop trying to help.