Driving an IR2110

Coucou80

Joined Apr 7, 2018
Hello,
Sorry for the noob question here but did any body attempted to use a function generator instead of an arduino or 555 timer to drive HIN/LIN of the IR2110 ?
Again sorry for the noob question.
Best regards.

Coucou80

Joined Apr 7, 2018
Thank you for the quick response :)
I’m still a little confuse on how to wire HIN and LIN :/ ... do you use function generator signal wire to HIN and function generator ground wire to LIN ? Or do you need 2 different channels on the function generator.
Thank you again.
Best regards.

Coucou80

Joined Apr 7, 2018
Thanks all for your replies again.
This is the function generator I’m talking about. It looks like it does have a TTL application, but I’m not sure if it posses 2 channels. Anybody familiar with these beast?
Best regards.F00B251B-E3E4-498D-B56B-06DFA11DC4F7.jpegBBC0708A-1B32-42F8-9124-21D386E6829B.jpeg

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
the function generator
Nice clear pictures. Very good generator for making radio waves AM or FM.
Moducation = off
You do not want 40V out. More like 3 to 5V.
1577626335194.png
It will be hard to find a dual function generator.
Do you want to make the signals with logic gates. Do you have a 74ls123?
Do you have a PWM IC to drive the IR2110?
"Arduino" I do not know how. Some one will help.
What are building?

Coucou80

Joined Apr 7, 2018
Thanks,
I’m trying to run a little induction heater. I’ve already build it with a Royer oscillator (ZVS), but now I’d like to be able to run the power mosfet gates with the fuction generator, hence the use of Ir2110. I think it is more convinient this way since you can simply dial in the frequency instead of having a permanent setup on board where you need to calculate tank circuit in advance for the desired frequency. I do have arduino, but this is mind blowing that an Arduino can drive an ir2110, but not a function generator... :/

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Arduino, can have two out puts. H, L
I think you can "out_1 high, delay, out_1 low", delay, "Out_2 high, delay, out_2 low", delay, loop
As you can see I do not know Arduino code. lol

Coucou80

Joined Apr 7, 2018
I just thought about something...
Is there a chip that can produce the reverse half of the wave ? Maybe there we can use function generator and produce only the positive side HIN of the period, where the chip could produce the negative side of the period LIN.