Dont know how to start this problem.

mrvaledon

Joined Mar 1, 2016
In the problem A I need to find the Voltage on the terminals A and B. And the current in the shortcircuit between A and B.
In the problem B I need to find all the nodes voltages. v1,v2,v3,v4,v5,v5,v7. And find the current value on J1,J2,J3,J4.

Where I suppose to start ? What law should I use ?

Thanx

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
wich you choose ?
I would STRONGLY recommend doing both of them all three ways (mesh, nodal, superposition). It won't take that long. This will allow you to start figuring out, for yourself in a way that will make sense to you, what things to look for that will make one technique easier or harder.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
In the problem A I need to find the Voltage on the terminals A and B. And the current in the shortcircuit between A and B.
In the problem B I need to find all the nodes voltages. v1,v2,v3,v4,v5,v5,v7. And find the current value on J1,J2,J3,J4.

Where I suppose to start ? What law should I use ?

Thanx

Hi,

Just a quick note...

If you are going to replace sources with their Thevenin/Norton equivalents then you have to replace everything that went into the calculation of that new component. For example, if you transform a current source in parallel with a resistance to a voltage source in series with a resistance, then once you calculate the new source and resistance you use that to replace both the original two components which would be BOTH the current source AND the original resistance. I mentioned this because it looks like you left the original resistance of the circuit in there after you transformed the source so you ended up with an extra resistance in the circuit after the transformation.

I could also ask what that a,b line means.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi,

Just a quick note...

If you are going to replace sources with their Thevenin/Norton equivalents then you have to replace everything that went into the calculation of that new component. For example, if you transform a current source in parallel with a resistance to a voltage source in series with a resistance, then once you calculate the new source and resistance you use that to replace both the original two components which would be BOTH the current source AND the original resistance. I mentioned this because it looks like you left the original resistance of the circuit in there after you transformed the source so you ended up with an extra resistance in the circuit after the transformation.

I could also ask what that a,b line means.
Huh???

I don't see any place where the TS has shown any work at all yet. Just two unrelated problems.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Huh???

I don't see any place where the TS has shown any work at all yet. Just two unrelated problems.
Hi,

Ha ha, i interpreted his second drawing as an attempt to solve the circuit in the first drawing, however the rest of what i said still applies :)