Does anyone shop Black Friday deals?

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
Hello! I offer you a few "Black Friday" deals and I want to hear your opinion about this discount tactic.

I have heard that a lot of the sellers jack up the prices before the "Black Friday" and then pretend to give discounts? What's your opinion, have you shopped from "Black Fridays"? Is it necessary to do a research before that, which may take months?

Here I found a few black friday deals that look good to me, what do you think about them?

MOD: Deleted links.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
Also the valuable information that you provide, will help me a lot.

I also offer you to find any product you need for you and give you a good offer to your email. My site is still under development, but we are doing good.

EDIT: can I know why not links are allowed?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I wouldn't waste my time on so called Black Friday deals. The teasers are generally lower quality items and the number available is so limited that people resort to camping out at stores after Thanksgiving dinner. It's becoming obsolete because some start early and some continue after Friday. Some companies don't give the Friday after Thanksgiving as a holiday, so those people aren't likely to use up vacation for some questionable deals.

Cyber Monday is more interesting and earth friendly because you can do it from the comfort of wherever your computing devices. I'm not excited about it because I'm still waiting for the Veterans Day stuff I ordered to arrive (from China).

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
I wouldn't waste my time on so called Black Friday deals. The teasers are generally lower quality items and the number available is so limited that people resort to camping out at stores after Thanksgiving dinner. It's becoming obsolete because some start early and some continue after Friday. Some companies don't give the Friday after Thanksgiving as a holiday, so those people aren't likely to use up vacation for some questionable deals.

Cyber Monday is more interesting and earth friendly because you can do it from the comfort of wherever your computing devices. I'm not excited about it because I'm still waiting for the Veterans Day stuff I ordered to arrive (from China).
Note: The post is edited, please read the changes.

Thanks for the feedback.
If you have any other good suggestions please feel free to share them.

Did you order from "AliExpress" or another chineese site? I can help you with that.

If you order through us we will provide assistance if there is a problem.

1. In "AliExpress" which is our affiliate partner, under every order you will see how much time of the "order protection" is left (normally its 60 days). You can ask the seller to extend it or ask for your money back. There is no problem with getting your money back or a reship. But keep in mind that the sellers are normally "jackasses" and they try to make you wait until the "order protection" expires, so don't get fooled and ask for your money before that!

2. We pick the sellers with high feedback and good scores. Unfortunately the sellers do have a 95-99% feedback so that 1-5% will get dissapointed for some reason.

3. I have bought some of the items and they are good, I even get a discount as an employee of the site. Sometimes things don't really arrive I admit. The worst part is that the sellers more and more offer a "no tracking" postage, if you want a tracking number you need to pay about 2.5 USD depending on the seller for "China registered air mail".

Last edited:

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I've only had problems with a few items from AliExpress. For the couple of cases where I couldn't work out a resolution with the seller, AliExpress always ruled in favor of the seller. I don't think you'll be able to change that.

I've just recalibrated my expectations and allow for some number of the transactions to not work out.

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
I've only had problems with a few items from AliExpress. For the couple of cases where I couldn't work out a resolution with the seller, AliExpress always ruled in favor of the seller. I don't think you'll be able to change that.

I've just recalibrated my expectations and allow for some number of the transactions to not work out.
Since I don't know the exact situation its hard to say, but in the future you are welcome to ask if you order through us.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

There are no commercial activities from members allowed.
When you post the links to your site again, you may risk a ban.

Bertus

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
Hello,

There are no commercial activities from members allowed.
When you post the links to your site again, you may risk a ban.

Bertus
I see, thanks.

EDIT: By mine I mean I advertise for them, not that I own them. Thye just give me a certain amount for advertisement and affiliate links.

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hello! I offer you a few "Black Friday" deals and I want to hear your opinion about this discount tactic.

I have heard that a lot of the sellers jack up the prices before the "Black Friday" and then pretend to give discounts? What's your opinion, have you shopped from "Black Fridays"? Is it necessary to do a research before that, which may take months?
It runs the gamut from being legitimate limited-quantity deals to get people into the store to exactly what you described, namely jacking up prices and then giving phony discounts, often with the "discounted" price being higher than the normal everyday price.

After I bought this house I was in need of a refrigerator and a washer/dryer. Since I wasn't living in the house yet (it was about 14 months before I made the move), I wasn't in a hurry and so I shopped around a lot over the span of more than a year. During that time I tracked the prices on a handful of units I was very interested in at several different stores. What I noticed is that the "sale" prices on them during all the big holiday sales were usually within a few dollars of the normal price and sometimes exactly the same. One place was so blatant about it that I stopped by and checked the day before their big sale started and the fridge was there at it's normal price. The next day I stopped by in response to their "1/3 off all appliances -- one day only" sale and the same fridge was sitting there at the exact same price but now it had a tag saying that the regular price was 50% higher than it was the day before. The day after the sale it was still at the same price, but now the phony regular price tag was gone. I was so insulted that I wouldn't have bought from them even if the sale price had actually been lower than the regular price, but I could overhear no shortage of people amazed at the huge savings and inquiring about whether they could finance the purchase since they HAD to buy it today otherwise they would never get such a great deal again.

Out of curiosity at the next holiday sale I called their salesman on it and he spun this line of crap about how it was pure coincidence and that their suppliers had just raised all the prices due to material, labor, and energy costs increasing so much. The next day I tracked down the same salesman and ask why the regular price was now back to same as the prior day's sale price and he spun another line of crap about how the sale had been so successful that their suppliers had decided to make that their regular price. He clearly didn't recognize me (no reason he should have), so when I asked him what the price had been prior to the sale he told me the bogus inflated price.

In the end, I couldn't find a single "sale" that was real -- and so I ended up buying them all from the store that had the lowest regular price and was able to negotiate an additional 5% off because I was buying all three and paying cash.

I've seen the exact same thing at jewelry stores (though I go into one perhaps once or twice a decade -- but at the time I would usually get my stepmom a pair of earrings or something for Christmas). Even the store that makes a point of advertising how they NEVER raise prices just to have phony discounted sales does EXACTLY that -- and enough people buy the hype with blinders on that they've been getting away with saying the same thing for at least forty years since I was in junior high.

Just reminds me of the old adage that you can tell a salesman is lying if their heart is beating.