Does anyone remember the 3rd Matrix movie ?

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
Does anyone remember the Matrix 3 ?

I loved the 1st, and then it's just so hard for the keep the writter's to keep the high going, so the 2nd wasn't as good but I watched it a few times. But i hardly watched the 3rd, so I should re-watch it, it will almost be like new.

Searching "matrix revolutions explained" yields little results, to the point that I blame utube filtering the results ?

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
But i hardly watched the 3rd, so I should re-watch it, it will almost be like new.
We didn't get a TV until the mid 50's. Then I watched Fantasia with my dad. Every time I watch now, it is seems new to me. Old age is a wonderful gift.
[
]

Darn Disney. You need to search Fantasia. The musical score was by Stokowski.

EDIT: Here's a link (one of many) that describe the music: https://www.pianotv.net/2017/09/the-music-of-fantasia-a-showcase-of-classical-masterpieces/ So much different than modern Disney flicks.

Last edited:

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
I found the first Matrix movie intriguing. The second one not so much. The third was disappointing - a little too far out for me.
I saw Fantasia in the early forties when I was little. It's still my favorite movie of all time.
Keith

Last edited:

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
I thought for sure at the end of the 2nd matrix, they were all still inside a sim/matrix. Instead they really did say Neo had magic powers outside the Matrix. I didn't like that.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I found the first Matrix movie intriguing. The second one not so much. The third was disappointing - a little too far out for me.
I saw Fantasia in the early forties when I was little. It's still my favorite movie of all time.
Keith
I respect your opinion. But disagree. The third Matrix was a tour de force. It explained everything and tied up the trilogy. My only complaint with the third Matrix movie was the interminable fight scheme with Mr. Smith. They must have needed so many minutes and padded to get them with that fight scene. It could have been cut down insignificantly.

Otherwise, the second is nothing more than a weak plot bridge. The brothers must have committed to three movies, because IMHO the second was only fluff.

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
I seem to remember Neo allowing the AI to take him over or something, in the real world with machines, and killing him in the process. Is that how he died in M3 ?

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I seem to remember Neo allowing the AI to take him over or something, in the real world with machines, and killing him in the process. Is that how he died in M3 ?
Neo died because Mr Smith had become a virus, and the only way to stop him from destroying the world was to allow Mr Smith to assimilate him while he was connected to the Matrix's mainframe, so that said mainframe would then have the power to wipe Mr Smith out.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Personally, I find it far easier to believe in an all mighty Creator than in a matrix/simulation conjecture.
And that belief is what the Matrix trilogy is all about! The conclusion of the third Matrix movie IS the crucifixion story. The machine is the cross. Neo is Christ. The visuals make that obvious.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
And that belief is what the Matrix trilogy is all about! The conclusion of the third Matrix movie IS the crucifixion story. The machine is the cross. Neo is Christ. The visuals make that obvious.
But the movie is just an alegorical fantasy created by a few people. In my case, I truly do believe in a supernatural afterlife... no fiction, just a plain reality