Does anyone know where I can find a 2 terminal connector ?

blaineeley09

Joined Sep 27, 2016
I am currently seeking a 2 terminal connector for one of my Varistors. The purpose of the connector is to connect the 2 terminals of the Varistor to the connector, connect the other 2 ends of the connector to a board, and then place the board in our life test oven with 600VDC applied to test leakage. The connector must be rated for 1,000VDC for future testing that we will undergo at 1,000VDC. The connector must be able to handle a temperature rating from -40°C to 85°C or -55°C to 85°C. The connector must be 2 terminals, and the diameter for the leads to be inserted must be 20mm. We can cope with an 18mm diameter as well but no lower than that. We currently have a few samples of a 3 terminal device that could work for our Varistors however we only need 2 terminals and something more cost effective. The 3 terminal connector that we have cost $10/each and we are looking for something cheaper. I have attached pictures to this email of the 3 terminal device. We are looking for something along the lines of that except for just 2 terminals. I have tried Molex.com, Grainger.com, I am still looking at Newark.com and have been told that they do not have anything for my specs. Attached to this are pictures of the 3 terminal connector that we have. As stated earlier something along the lines of the pictures just 2 terminals. If anyone knows of anywhere that would be great. Well thank you very much for your time and if you have any recommendations for any connectors matching these specs please let me know. Thank you

Attachments

blaineeley09

Joined Sep 27, 2016
Is that 20mm a typo?
Your varistor has 20mm leads?
The current connector you are showing only accepts up to ~1mm.
I sorry I meant 1mm. The size of the disk is 20mm. Yes you're correct. Would you happen to know where I can find a connector that is rated for 1,000VDC with 1mm lead acceptance ?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
There are probably thousands to choose from..
You you just want a push in blade like that or one where you put the leads in and tighten screws to secure it or what..

I'd suggest hitting up a site like digikey and using their search filters to narrow down to something that will work for you..

Heck since you have a circuit board too even just pin receptacles like this should work just fine..
Pennies a piece and just push right into a plated through hole or whatever..
https://www.mill-max.com/products/rec/0739

blaineeley09

Joined Sep 27, 2016
There are probably thousands to choose from..
You you just want a push in blade like that or one where you put the leads in and tighten screws to secure it or what..

I'd suggest hitting up a site like digikey and using their search filters to narrow down to something that will work for you..

Heck since you have a circuit board too even just pin receptacles like this should work just fine..
Pennies a piece and just push right into a plated through hole or whatever..
https://www.mill-max.com/products/rec/0739
Thanks man that was exactly what I needed.