Does anyone know what this is? I found it in a bunch of eletrical stuff.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
In the limited amount of detail I see nothing to indicate that it is an electronic item of any kind. BUT it might be a connector body without the pins. A view from different angles might reveal more.

ebp

Joined Feb 8, 2018
My guess is a plug-in holder for a small button cell. There appears to be two small square metal contacts on the end. Maybe an arming device for a ... well, never mind.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I think the plastic is just a case. It looks like a tungsten rod inside. Maybe it's an electrode for a micro TIG or spot welder.

There's a palm print in the shot for scale. ;)
Wow, you do have an eye for atomic absorption spectroscopy. My monitor doesn't work at those wavelengths.

As for scale, I looked at the fabric weave. It is at the size of a thumb drive.

In the limited amount of detail I see nothing to indicate that it is an electronic item of any kind. BUT it might be a connector body without the pins. A view from different angles might reveal more.
It doesn't much look electronic to me either, but....look at the two "pads". They sort of remind me of some kind of contacts. The whole thing is oddly reminiscent of some kind of lighter with butane in the clear canister and a tube ---except I see no igniter or battery or etc...

Untitled-1x.jpg

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I was thinking that it was the triger device for a "thermal detonator", if you recall the one star wars episode. Somebody asked, "why should we listen to you?", and the reply was "Because I have a thermal Detonator". But then the additional pictures show that it is not an ordinance quality device., so that guess had to be wrong.