Does anyone have a recommendation for a good quality SMD oven

edba

Joined Dec 18, 2017
Hi

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good quality SMD oven to control temperature profile for soldering SMD components and SMD IC's. Ideally oven should be under $800 but I would consider above this if the oven was very good,

Br

Edba

edba

Joined Dec 18, 2017
More than occasional. I have a IR pre-heater about $150, but find quite hard to control with smaller boards. I also have to measure heat using a digital thermometer to get correct temperature

peterdeco

Joined Oct 8, 2019
Many years ago when we did in-house production we bought our equipment from here. It seems like they don't have a much of a selection than they used to. We used to make our own boards, drill, populate and solder. We found it a lot cheaper and easier to buy boards and send out for assembly.
https://www.techni-tool.com/

edba

Joined Dec 18, 2017
More than occasional. I have a IR pre-heater about $150, but find quite hard to control with smaller boards. I also have to measure heat using a digital thermometer to get correct temperature
I am finding a typical cost to assemble a board we make around $700 one off. The cost of an oven could be recouped in one go

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
I use a toaster oven I got used for $5.00. We start out cold. Bake/Grill until all the solder paste milts. Turn off the power and open the door for cool down. (paste is gray when cool, very shiny when milted)
1614456099652.png