Do you watch Oak Island?

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
I do watch it, but they should get rid of that stupid announcer. Always "Could it be..." then another "Could it be...", followed by about 2 or 3 more "Could it be...".
Of course it "could be" anything, stop asking us all the time, it's real annoying.... It could even be a Martian landing port... Sheees....

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
I do watch it, but they should get rid of that stupid announcer. Always "Could it be..." then another "Could it be...", followed by about 2 or 3 more "Could it be...".
Of course it "could be" anything, stop asking us all the time, it's real annoying.... It could even be a Martian landing port... Sheees....
Yeah, that is one of its annoying characteristics. Apparently, the idea is to hold the audience in a constant state of awe.

I didn't see the special episode - did they find seismic mapping of the swamp to reveal.....could it be a ship?

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Yeah, that is one of its annoying characteristics. Apparently, the idea is to hold the audience in a constant state of awe.

I didn't see the special episode - did they find seismic mapping of the swamp to reveal.....could it be a ship?
The seismic mapping is done, but no results for 6 weeks, which means "for next season". Just more bait to make you come back next year

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
The seismic mapping is done, but no results for 6 weeks, which means "for next season". Just more bait to make you come back next year
The seismic mapping was completed during the season finale last week , but a Digging Deeper episode that ran yesterday gave the "exciting", "Game changing", "Could it be?" results - so we hear. That's what I believe @wayneh does not want spoiled...I can wait a while.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The seismic mapping was completed during the season finale last week , but a Digging Deeper episode that ran yesterday gave the "exciting", "Game changing", "Could it be?" results - so we hear. That's what I believe @wayneh does not want spoiled...I can wait a while.
Wow, what a let down. This episode was mostly a back story on some of the peripheral characters. Nothing wrong with that but anticlimactic.

I can help you get the file if anyone needs it.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
It's still on and not in reruns? Anticlimatic is putting it mildly. I gave up on it after about 4 anticlimatic years/seasons of anticipation a couple of years ago. Then they were trying to start up a new one about lost Confederate gold sunk in a Great Lake.

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
It's still on and not in reruns? Anticlimatic is putting it mildly. I gave up on it after about 4 anticlimatic years/seasons of anticipation a couple of years ago. Then they were trying to start up a new one about lost Confederate gold sunk in a Great Lake.
Yeah, they have a couple of them...civil war gold...emperor gold...shipwreck gold...those that I have seen seem to follow the same format and formula, but they do not have the same luster.

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
No! It was an episode I hadn’t seen and it sets up the wait for next season. I thought it was all there was. Maybe there’s another episode?
These are on the tube

Under the same source as the article I cited.....which also said that the air date was 07-May. I don't know what is going on, but I bet they are down there as I type...the contest should be to guess what it is assuming it is not a ship. Also, that announcement..breaking news..pic looks like straight theater to me.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I think I've found it. There was another DD episode after the season finale Curse aired. It's being referred to as S06E06. (Curse ended at S06E22.)
I watched DD S06E05 and thought that was the end because it was clearly scripted to be. They must have cobbled together another episode. Cool! I'll watch it in a little while.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Did they show this??
Finally just finished watching. The anomaly above was the big deal of the episode, with the other half a tribute to Dan Blankenship. The anomaly is interesting but without the prior theory and scattered evidence of a ship there, would you look at this picture and jump to "Spanish galleon"? I wouldn't! It's a high spot in the swamp, which is a narrow valley between two even-higher areas. Would I put a bore hole through it? Of course. But they were all acting like it was nearly proof of a ship there.

One reason for their confidence was hinted at the very end in the previews for the next season. They showed snippets of work that must have been done at the end of last fall, or maybe earlier this spring. Those snippets show them pulling what appears to be ship timbers out of the swamp. Pretty cool. They make quick allusions to a few other things that lead you to believe there's good stuff coming next season. We'll see. I wish they would start the show up again before November!

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Finally just finished watching. The anomaly above was the big deal of the episode, with the other half a tribute to Dan Blankenship. The anomaly is interesting but without the prior theory and scattered evidence of a ship there, would you look at this picture and jump to "Spanish galleon"? I wouldn't! It's a high spot in the swamp, which is a narrow valley between two even-higher areas. Would I put a bore hole through it? Of course. But they were all acting like it was nearly proof of a ship there.

One reason for their confidence was hinted at the very end in the previews for the next season. They showed snippets of work that must have been done at the end of last fall, or maybe earlier this spring. Those snippets show them pulling what appears to be ship timbers out of the swamp. Pretty cool. They make quick allusions to a few other things that lead you to believe there's good stuff coming next season. We'll see. I wish they would start the show up again before November!
I like the fact that they show enthusiasm for next season, makes it more intriguing, when Marty began questioning things showing little to no interest I have to say it made me wonder if there is any reason to continue throwing money and time to a lost cause.

kv

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I've been trying to figure out the schedule between shooting episodes and airing them. The big crane strike form a little while back on the show happened in late Oct 2018.

The one "ship timber"(?) they pulled form the swamp last year was not anything the size of a 'deck floor board' like they claimed. Looked more like a saw mill slab, than something for a sea going vessel. It was too thin and flimsy.

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
I hope I am wrong, but I smell OIBS (Oak Island BS).

Firstly, there is NO objective evidence that the "object" is a ship. None at all, zero, nada, niente, zilch, squadoosh.

The red flag, for me, is that it is on high ground. If one were to build something in what may have been a body of water at the time, but let's just say it was low ground and a flooding area, you would build it on high ground. So, if not a natural formation that might be a debris collector, a structure of any kind that was intended to be used by people, built at anytime, would be built on high ground.

If you came there with two ships, killed all the "expendable" people to keep your secret, and wanted to sink one ship, you would want to sink it in low ground (which would also help you get it there), to say nothing of burning it first. I don't know much about sailing ships, but the whole story seems far-fetched.

Of course, they will drill down some, bring up some wood, go nuts (especially Bald & Bearded Jack) and so on and so forth. Now why wouldn't you send a couple divers down there to inspect it? - they do this with shipwrecks all the time. Why the heck would you set up one of those drilling cranes and go through all that if it is only 50 ft down?

Perhaps I am missing some basics, but it smells like OIBS