Do you watch Oak Island?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I thought I missed something when I took my hiatus from the island to watch the "Story of God" on NGC.
I've been detouring to KnightFall and Game of Thrones, Game of Thrones it has Ice Zombies, I got addicted back when a cult classic "ZombieLand"

Is "Story of God" scientific or in General the big "G" we all know about Religiously.

kv

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I am looking forward to the season finale coming up this week.
Good ear - I had to watch the ending again to confirm that tonight's episode (#22) is the last. There will be a "Drilling Down" episode next week and that should truly wrap it up. Frustrating, when you consider that they're likely gearing up activity on the island right now. I'd love it if they dropped all the drama and just switched with a nearly-live feed.

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
Good ear - I had to watch the ending again to confirm that tonight's episode (#22) is the last. There will be a "Drilling Down" episode next week and that should truly wrap it up. Frustrating, when you consider that they're likely gearing up activity on the island right now. I'd love it if they dropped all the drama and just switched with a nearly-live feed.
Hey, I'd be happy if they just told us what that dang gold coin was :(

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Is "Story of God" scientific or in General the big "G" we all know about Religiously.
It's about different religions and how they think of things. Morgan freeman is the host and he goes to different counties to talk with and learn from the different religions. I like to learn about that type of thing, to see that we are all worshiping the same God, just in different ways.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
It's about different religions and how they think of things. Morgan freeman is the host and he goes to different counties to talk with and learn from the different religions. I like to learn about that type of thing, to see that we are all worshiping the same God, just in different ways.
I think I've watched that one, it's on Netflix right? Ya, seen it. Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite Actors, ShawShank Redemption.

kv

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
Thing is, the guide on my cable does not list the finale tonight, it just has digging deeper and drilling down pseudo-episodes...this is also confirmed by the History channel's online schedule: https://www.history.com/schedule

Looks like S6 E22 is not until 4/30 and the tagline is:

It's the season finale and the team is handed a shocking new theory that may connect the Oak Island treasure to the birth of a nation. But it's also the moment of truth for the fellowship as the guys are faced with the burning question: quit or continue?

That's bogus!

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Thing is, the guide on my cable does not list the finale tonight, it just has digging deeper and drilling down pseudo-episodes...this is also confirmed by the History channel's online schedule: https://www.history.com/schedule

It's the season finale and the team is handed a shocking new theory that may connect the Oak Island treasure to the birth of a nation. But it's also the moment of truth for the fellowship as the guys are faced with the burning question: quit or continue?

That's bogus!
I highly doubt it. It's just a way for them to steep it and keep it boiling.

kv

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010

That's bogus!
The History channel site doesn't list it for this evening either, but the Facebook page does. I guess we'll just wait and see.

In the meanwhile, a funny review of the series:
https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/o...umn-curse-series-refused-end-curse-oak-island

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
Heheh, I think she nailed it big time! It is couch-manly....Indiana Jones, but always in reach of the fridge!

"And yet I watch it. Every week. Not because I like it, but because my boyfriend has faithfully watched it from the very beginning." - yeah well that might change a tad...later.

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
I was distinctly underwhelmed by the season finale. Not much of anything new...they just basically got together and said, "we need to stop now". Well, they did have that discussion about whether the very old wood was from a structure related to depositors or withdrawers - none of the discussion seemed to be about anything other than what they wanted it to be.

I suppose that the explosive mapping done in the swamp may yield some interesting plots for next season. Nothing about the strike and drilling anywhere. Another theory that is not needed and shakes up nothing.

I wonder if they have started yet,

Edited to add: If I am understanding the fluff here https://tv-date.com/the-curse-of-oak-island/ Season 7 will start in Nov...somebody please remind me in Oct about how agravating the show can be.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Yeah, that was a bit lame for a finale. About half way through I was thinking, gee, they better speed things up if they’re going go have some good stuff at the end. Nope. It just petered out. New structures but no resolution. About the only thing I found interesting was how skeptical Marty has been. A voice of reason. Everything they’ve found could be searcher or an earlier “withdrawal”.

I’ll be eagerly awaiting new episodes in the fall. Sigh.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Certainly we have less knowledge to what's down there, there's lots of danger down there for sure. With the recent rumbles underground begs the question why should we put equipment or peoples life at risk. I personally don't care what's down there, not enough to risk life. If somethings worth recovering or discovering it will take a huge amount of money, time, energy and planning. Probably more than they have anyway.

Poking holes in the ground isn't the way to go about it anymore IMHO, I think that's what Marty is asking, how much more money needs to be spent, including risk. Plus, what ever is down there, is practically destroyed by the collapse, is it worth it?

I think the mystery is worth more than finding objects. They've already discovered possible history changes. A possible connection to Free Masons and founding fathers? Plus the French influence gives rise to the under pinning that what was there , is now long gone. If it was me I'd remove it all, then re-seal it, just to make it frustrating for the English, it's a trap in so many ways.

If there is something there, they will need the time to recover it properly, you don't need people snooping around or lawyers filing cases against you for the objects found. I think it's going to be hush, hush. Possibly even to say they quit, only because they hauled it out to a secure location, to be sifted by people with the right credentials to do so.

kv

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
I think that's what Marty is asking, how much more money needs to be spent, including risk.
I don't know but I don't think that was what he was asking. I think he was asking whether there is any solid evidence that the structures uncovered were put there while depositing something on the island or put there by people trying to find (and take) something that they believed had been deposited. The implication was clear to me: if all they have found in the bay is the evidence of other people trying to find treasure, then he is done (after 6 years).

Even collectively (all the artifacts and so on) may simply not justify their effort and I think it is a reasonable position.

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
I just read that there is a new episode tonight, but...History channel is listing it as a "Digging Deeper" but elsewhere it has been called S6:E23.

Preview buzz is that there is a very emotional tribute to Dan Blankenship (I had been expecting as much since they announced his death at the end of a show). Also, they are going to tell us about the results of the seismic tests in the swamp which is supposed to be a big reveal. If it is what I think it is, you know that there will be a season 7 and I would venture to say that I have a good idea what they are doing now, or getting ready to do.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I just read that there is a new episode tonight, but...History channel is listing it as a "Digging Deeper" but elsewhere it has been called S6:E23.
The online folks that assign those numbers seem to struggle with "Digging Deeper" episodes, which are very different from the regular show. Last time I looked, they were showing a DD episode to follow the season finale. So yeah, that's what I'd look for tonight. Expect another one before it resumes in the fall. And given the popularity, it wouldn't surprise me to see something this summer as well.

Man I wish they'd drop the whole "Curse" thing and just go to live-ish coverage. If they ever find something huge, it'd be a lot easier to keep a secret for a week or two than for months.

Raymond Genovese

Joined Mar 5, 2016
The online folks that assign those numbers seem to struggle with "Digging Deeper" episodes, which are very different from the regular show. Last time I looked, they were showing a DD episode to follow the season finale. So yeah, that's what I'd look for tonight. Expect another one before it resumes in the fall. And given the popularity, it wouldn't surprise me to see something this summer as well.

Man I wish they'd drop the whole "Curse" thing and just go to live-ish coverage. If they ever find something huge, it'd be a lot easier to keep a secret for a week or two than for months.

Odds on that they tease us with seismic data showing a whole freaking boat buried in the swamp...remember that story line?