Do you see any value in these Components

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

If the boards aren't known good, probably not much use to anyone who isn't on a really tight budget and is willing to spend time testing parts of unknown condition.

More clearly focused/higher resolution pictures and part numbers would be helpful.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I wouldn't waste any time on resistors (unless it was really something special) or electrolytic caps. Couple of crystals and any high-power caps maybe. Can't tell what the chips are but probably not.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
and the pins and other areas look to be as if its gold but I'm a novice at best
There's very little gold. There are gold bond wires in the IC's; also too little to think about recovering.

The only value would be in ICs that you could reuse. There's what looks like an EPROM. If that's the case, there'll likely to be a microprocessor and maybe some SRAM or DRAM.

More clearly focused pictures and/or part numbers would be helpful.

zophas

Joined Jul 16, 2021
Keep them in a box in a corner somewhere. You never know when they could furnish a part you might need. Save a trip to the local electronics store. But if you don't play around with electronics, give them to someone who does.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Often people are looking for connectors. I have a junk drawer of - um - junk! On RARE occasion I pull something off of a board. SMT components (i.e. resistors, capacitors, diodes) are not likely worth much, and the effort to get them off can be tedious and result in damaging the part you seek to recover unless you have equipment for removing such items.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I see a number of modules on some of the boards, and those may be filters or oscillators, both of which have possible uses. In addition the one larger module may be a power amplifier.
Those who do not recognize things often consider them worthless, no matter what they are. Sort of like showing your cat a collection of rare and valuable stamps.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I see several crystals, or possibly crystal filters, and at least two crystal oscillator modules, and what looks like a relay switching board. Several devices that might be opto-isolators, and a long black module that is probably an RF power amplifier.
So if you are interested in experimenting, there are some rather expensive parts for free. Amd some of the circuit on that large board may be useful as they are.
But if you have no interest in experimenting or learning then the value would be in passing them to somebody who is.

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
All of the salvaged parts I've used over the years tend to be hardware such as heatsinks and barrier strips...etc.

I have used some EPROMS I got out of a printer, but they were in sockets, unsoldering is just too much time and effort to salvage something I can buy new or already have in stock.

zophas

Joined Jul 16, 2021
Getting parts off old boards was easy. Now with thru hole plating and solder on both sides of a board it is much harder. Especially IC's and other multi legged creatures. I only bother if I REALLY need the part.

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
A ceramic EPROM is a good sharpening stone for tiny HSS drill bits and hobby knife blades. Connectors can come in handy for connecting to unpopulated serial interfaces on microcontroller boards. And if you don't have an extensive collection of components, or a handy electronics supermarket nearby, old boards can be invaluable parts sources for repairs or whatever. Things with through-hole components are the best, but you never know when a surface-mount power MOSFET might be just what you need to repair an ABS control module.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Getting parts off old boards was easy. Now with thru hole plating and solder on both sides of a board it is much harder. Especially IC's and other multi legged creatures. I only bother if I REALLY need the part.
Really, unsoldering SMT parts is SO much simpler that thru-hole parts in close fitting plated thru holes. For multi-legged parts a big blob of solder melts it all loose and then solderwick cleans it up. Multiple steps but none of them difficult.