Do you know what thread type this motor would have?

jrm79972

Joined Apr 16, 2024
Not too sure I am in the right forum but I had to start somewhere after doing my due diligents in the search section.

I am converting an electric trolling motor to remote steering. I'm using an kids electric car motor to turn the steering shaft and limit switches to stop rotation. I purchased this motor from amozon and it fits and works great. Just one problem. I cant find the motor mounting screws. I know I know I know. :(

So i started going through my containers of bolts/screws without finding anything I'd want to force into the motor mounting holes. So can anyone tell me the sizes and pitch of the screws? Length would be too much to ask but if you know .......... I'm pretty sure its a metric M2, M2.5, M3 ETC. I've sent the seller a request for the size but they most likely wont reply for a long time if ever.

Attached is a picture of what I'm doing. The motor is inside the block of black wood to the left of the red battery connection

Motor I purchased
CNBTR 12V 570 15000RPM Silver High Speed Electric Car Motor Engine for Children Ride Replacement Parts

1713309796293.png

Attachments

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
A 15,000 RPM motor of that size will produce a very small torque, just clamp the housing gently.

Screws are not necessary and might interfere with internal parts or the motor.

jrm79972

Joined Apr 16, 2024
A 15,000 RPM motor of that size will produce a very small torque, just clamp the housing gently.

Screws are not necessary and might interfere with internal parts or the motor.
im actually using a variable speed controller, a forward rev switch mounted on my seat and running the motor at about 4vdc. The motor needs to be anchored to the gear box by the two screws.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
This seems to the same housing as your motor. So far as I can determine, this is a standard type and produced in variants by many manufacturers. They appear to be M3 x .05 holes. If the spacing and other dimensions match, I would be willing to bet that are supposed to be M3 holes in any case. If M3s don’t work—I’d just tap them for whatever the next size up turns out to be.

1713341984101.jpeg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Have you tried any of the standard N.A. sizes, on the odd occasion, I have found mounting threads to be as such, even a motor of Chinese origin !?

jrm79972

Joined Apr 16, 2024
im actually using a variable speed controller, a forward rev switch mounted on my seat and running the motor at about 4vdc. The motor needs to be anchored to the gear box by the two screws.

Wow. Nice. I only found very rudimentary drawings and I’m also feeling a little dumb. I should have thought about tapping them to whatever I need.

Thanks for your help. I’m dropping by a shop that should have a good metric fastner selection. If they don’t I’ll pull out my tap and die set.

first time I’ve been on this site and loving what I’ve seen.

jrm79972

Joined Apr 16, 2024
I stopped at a fastener shop today and with help from the drawing above went right to the M3 selection and got what I want.

Thanks for the help.
Jim