Do-It-Yourself Soldering Station with an ATmega8

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
I didn't build that one but have built countless others, using some lowly 8pdip mcus and they have always worked as expected.

no need for pid actually.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
Thanks

The only reason I asked cause I have a broken Hakko 939 and it has a nice transformer for a new soldering iron build.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I think the concept is sound. However, I would be inclined to try to fix the Hakko. What are its problems?
The unit works perfectly but the case broke.. I tried finding a suitable case but never found one ..So I just bought a Hakko FX-888D soldering station..

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I tried many glues but nothing worked and as of right now it is missing to many pieces to save the case .. I tried finding a replacement case but none are available and tried modding one but never worked ..

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I was wondering if you could make one from two by using the best parts from your 939 and the rest from that kit, but maybe not. I may try to follow the article and extract enough info to build something similar.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I was wondering if you could make one from two by using the best parts from your 939 and the rest from that kit, but maybe not. I may try to follow the article and extract enough info to build something similar.
Why do you need a new Iron or something?

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I have a Hakko 936 that I use quite a lot, so no, I don't really need a new iron. But I have some experience with thermocouples and heat controls and it seems like an interesting project.
Is it a real hakko or copy ?? I no experience anything like that but I just feel bad that I have a working Hakko 939 with no case ... There was another design that was similar but it was really nice and heat up really quick and not sure the heating time of this design..

Here is the video that I would love to copy