DIY Analog Economical Headphone Amplifier

danishsajjad

Joined Mar 30, 2017
Greetings Enthusiasts,

This project aims to create a simple and economical diy headphone amplifier. The amplifier consists of a tone control which can cut/boost up to 5dB. The amplifier’s gain is set to 3dB to ramp up the volume a bit.

It’s my first project and am looking forward to suggestions, critics and improvements. I have attached the SPICE Simulations results and the final schematic. Some of you might argue I have simulated a TL072 OP Amp instead of the TDA1308 amplifier IC. Well, I couldn’t find a Spice directive for TDA1308 compatible with LTSPICE. I have trouble understanding PSPICE. Given that, a part of this project depends on assumptions which is why am looking forward to your advice before fabrication.

Cheers!!

Attachments

danishsajjad

Joined Mar 30, 2017
@Alec_t I restricted it to 3dB because most of the signal will be attenuated by the tone control. The TDA1308 IC can only take a maximum of +-4V on its supply. It can not handle intensities higher than 6dB (ideally). If I max the volume and tone controls, it will clip the audio signal resulting in distortion.