Distance Measurement using Ultrasonic Transceiver and Arduino

Pratyay

Joined Jul 4, 2019
Hello, I am working with an ultrasonic transducer to measure the distance from an object. I an using arduino Uno. I have found some good circuits on the internet wherein distance measurement is done whose link is: https://www.electronoobs.com/eng_arduino_tut36_sch1.php
I will be doing the exact same thing (meaning using the same circuits) and the same methodology.

So the problem is that he has used separate ultrasonic transmitter and receiver for his experiment. But I am using a single transceiver whose datasheet is attatched below. There are two specific question that I would be thankful if someone answers:
1) What changes will I have to make to combine both the circuits so that i can connect them to a single transducer?
2) I am thinking of connecting two MOSFETS ( IRF 630 to be specific), one on the transmitter side and one on the receiver side so that signals are passed in one direction only in both the cases. Is that possible?

Thank you!

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
OK. So you want to DIY an ultrasonic range finder using bare metal components, i.e. you want to use the bare transducer and design your own circuitry.

Begin by designing the transmitter and the receiver as two separate circuits with separate transducers. Get that working with an Arduino board.

Only after you have done that you can investigate what it would take to eliminated one of the transducers.

BTW, this would fall under the Homework Help forum.

Pratyay

Joined Jul 4, 2019
OK. So you want to DIY an ultrasonic range finder using bare metal components, i.e. you want to use the bare transducer and design your own circuitry.

Begin by designing the transmitter and the receiver as two separate circuits with separate transducers. Get that working with an Arduino board.

Only after you have done that you can investigate what it would take to eliminated one of the transducers.

BTW, this would fall under the Homework Help forum.
Oh sorry, ill post this under the required section.
Thank you