display that works with sensor

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Sensor outputs a V proportional to pressure. It has an equation
relationship between it and the units of pressure you want to display.

Normally this is done by using a micro to measure the V and compute
the resulting pressure and write that to a display.

In this case P = 7.5 x Vmeas - 3.75, P in psi.

Regards, Dana.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
The most simple version, when there is no need for readings link to the pressure metrologically valid values, one may find attcarctive, no, damn attractive to add the three feet digital voltmeter, 3 digit or 4 digit or last year became available even 5 digit. Like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mini-T...hash=item48a24003dc:m:mIy9B6jAv7iPLqQSVvxkuFw
However when learning into mind that always for example 2 atm means 3,5 Volts is plain unsuitable, then some kind of factorizing circuit must be built in. Or resistive divider in the best case, until the weak opamp in the worst. Be scared, as smaller is K(u) of operational, as more it is prone for becoming wild. Everyone are scared from wild opamaps :)

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
no clue whether this is waterproof.
Nope, it's a standard automotive sending unit and dash gauge. The sending unit connections can be doped with liquid tape sealant to waterproof them but not the gauge. Look for the same unit for marine use and you might find a completely waterproof unit.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
it's for a Virago
It should at least be water-resistant on a motorcycle but didn't say so in the ad. I had the nylon hydraulic line one on a '61 Ford and it was always seeping oil behind the gauge connection, very very slowly but couldn't tighten it enough to stop it.

Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
thanks. need a waterproof display, forgot to say, but nbd:)
Actually there is:
  • Water-resistant: able to resist the penetration of water to some degree but not entirely
  • Water-repellent: not easily penetrated by water, especially as a result of being treated for such a purpose with a surface coating
  • Waterproof: impervious to water
The last one, waterproof really lacks a good standard of measure. Waterproof to what depth, how many atmospheres?

The instrument panel on my motorcycle is likely more towards water resistant in that I can ride in heavy rain and all of my gauges work just fine. All you seem to want is anything which will work (display) when exposed to the elements like heavy rain or in marine us heavy spray. Just some trivia but it helps define what you want.

Ron