Dishwasher Repair - choosing the correct relay

1111abc

Joined Nov 11, 2020
Morning,

I'm currently repairing my dishwasher which is running cold.

I've narrowed the issue down to the heater relay on the PCB - which visually appears damaged (burn marks on it).

I've tried finding the exact relay to replace it with, but can't currently find stock. I'm trying to find an alternative, but haven't a clue spec wise what I need.

The damaged relay is a Song Chuan 899-1CH-F-C. (https://www.mouser.co.uk/datasheet/2/378/200982919182111463-7392.pdf)

Would the following be a suitable replacement? https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/non-latching-relays/0476583/

Thanks in advance

peterdeco

Joined Oct 8, 2019
Sorry - Yes I just went there also and couldn't find it. Maybe one of the suppliers in my link can just airmail it to you. It's small and light and shouldn't cost much.

1111abc

Joined Nov 11, 2020
Sorry - Yes I just went there also and couldn't find it. Maybe one of the suppliers in my link can just airmail it to you. It's small and light and shouldn't cost much.
I've just looked and one is $25 dollar minimum order and another $75 shipping so not particularly practical. Thanks for your help though. I think finding an alternative that does the same thing will be the way forward, but just don't know what I'm looking at when looking at relays on websites!

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Hello! You may find this reference to “Relay Parameters” useful, on the website pointed to by the link

It describes the various parameters used in selecting relays. The coil resistance and voltage must match. The maximum carry current and switch (contacts) voltage and current must be greater than that which exists in your circuit. Also, whether the contacts are switching AC or DC is important. The last critical parm is whether a diode is included or not. If the existing relay included a diode, so must the replacement.

Hope this resource helps. Relay Parameters

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If this is a PCT version as shown, then I would normally reinforce the small pins to foil connection by adding dry wick or copper braid of this type to the foil for extra protection as I have found this to be a weak point.
Max.