Dish shaped fuse???

Jepollardauto

Joined Oct 2, 2020
Hello I am working on a welder that has what I expect to be a cheap version of a fuse that's blown. I would like confirmation or some information on replacement if anybody could help it would be greatly appritiated. I have attached a picture.16016533015462248376038664449738.jpg

Jepollardauto

Joined Oct 2, 2020
Thanks for the reply. Right next to the capacitors there are two what looks like ports to solder to. I assume they are just not used for a component but built into the board (the center looked like it had blown out). I came to a more firm belief they aren't fuses after i had posted. Either way if you may be able to help this welder stopped working entirely while being used on a high setting. I have no power anywhere.My assumption is there is a some sort of fuse or circuit protection blown. I can not find any on the power side of the board aside from 1 mov next to the relay. If there is any info you could send my way it would be awesome. Im going to keep checking around.Please excuse my ignorance I am not very advanced in these subjects.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
They both appear to be marked N (Neutral) so this should not be fused.
Do a litlle reverse-engineering of the trace on the under side of the board.
Max.

Jepollardauto

Joined Oct 2, 2020
They both appear to be marked N (Neutral) so this should not be fused.
Do a litlle reverse-engineering of the trace on the under side of the board.
Max.
Thank you for the reply. I did notice this after posting. I have been working on that when I have time. One of the was ports damaged on a quick visual inspection so I posted the question (definitely prematurely) I will delete the thread.