Disconnecting 0.7cm flex ribbon cable from horizontal connector without lock.

bypassrestrictions

Joined Jun 1, 2021
I've disconnected a 0.7cm one sided flex ribbon cable from it's horizontal connector, the horizontal connector didn't have any type of lock or latch to secure it in it's place, so I gently pulled it, I noticed that on the conductor, there are thin copper traces, all of these have snake tongue like splits on the end which goes into the horizontal connector. Could these splits have been caused by me gently removing the flex ribbon from it's connector? One trace has a break under it's handle, could it be design or caused by me removing it?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The bad news is that the connector has a locking system that you did not unlock. It wedges the flat cable against the contacts , and is released by prying up the wedge part of the connector housing. It is one of those secret things done because it is cheap. You will need a good magnifier and good light to be able to see what I am describing.

bypassrestrictions

Joined Jun 1, 2021
The bad news is that the connector has a locking system that you did not unlock. It wedges the flat cable against the contacts , and is released by prying up the wedge part of the connector housing. It is one of those secret things done because it is cheap. You will need a good magnifier and good light to be able to see what I am describing.
Can you post a photo of the connector with wedge? Do you think the traces shouldn't have snake tongue like splits?