Direction of current on a converter

dude1

Joined Jan 30, 2018
Could someone tell me the direction of the current on such a converter?
The wires obviously connect to these green parts and there are two blue elements with screws to adjust voltages.
I'm just not sure which side is the input.
Thanks
converter.png

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Not from the picture – it is practically useless for that purpose.
  1. If you have a schematic diagram that would be the best way.
  2. If you can tell what chip is being used, that might be a way to derive some information.
  3. If you can tell me what kind of converter this is, that might help.
The "blue elements" are potentiometers and are commonly used for adjustment purposes. It looks like you have two switching devices mounted to the heatsinks. Are they the same or different?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
That looks right, but the images here (of apparently the same converter) show the reverse of those connections ??
I'd go with the post #4 version.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If the TS had posted better photographs in his original post, we could have pointed him to the legends silkscreened on the board. Was this a case of not inspecting the board from the get go? Seriously?

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
There are many pictures on the web of what appears to be the same module. On some, the silk screen can be read. On others, there's one "IN" label, half-covered by the terminal block. Pretty poor at any rate.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There are many pictures on the web of what appears to be the same module. On some, the silk screen can be read. On others, there's one "IN" label, half-covered by the terminal block. Pretty poor at any rate.
I kind of wondered how everybody found alternate pictures so quick. Maybe a lot of copying going on, or a popular form factor.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Here's a view of the bottom layer The input polarity is very obvious, the output seems to be as well though not as glaringly so.

1658947477379.png