Digital Filter for Analog to Digital Converter

Raj_Singh

Joined Nov 26, 2023
I want to convert my output of 1 bit ADC to n-bit parallel. Which Digital Filter works best in this case? Any ideas how to design it?

Attachments

Raj_Singh

Joined Nov 26, 2023
You use a microprocessor capable of operating fast enough to perform the digital filter function.

But it's a lot easier just to use a sigma-delta A/D IC.
I must design it with electronic circuits and I am unable to figure it how because the substrate here is glass and embedding chips is not possible...
So I need to make use of circuits to build a digital filter

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
IMHO you are wasting your time with a digital filter after the conversion. If you knew what you were doing, you'd have an analog front-end filter before the conversion.

Last edited:

Raj_Singh

Joined Nov 26, 2023
Maybe he has a chip fabrication process that uses glass as a substrate. I think(?) what he said is that he cannot embed existing dice on the glass substrate.
It is flat panel display..so I can build the circuits at transistor level with passive component but cannot solder the chips on glass

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
A 1st order IIR filter can be from a D-type latch, a multiplier and an adder. If you restrict your coefficients to negative powers of two, the multiplier can be replaced by a barrel-shifer.

Raj_Singh

Joined Nov 26, 2023
A 1st order IIR filter can be from a D-type latch, a multiplier and an adder. If you restrict your coefficients to negative powers of two, the multiplier can be replaced by a barrel-shifer.
Could you please support me with a block diagram or circuit diagram on how this is connected or is it connected like D-latch ->multiplier -> adder in series.