Digital control in LTspice

Josuesov115

Joined Nov 1, 2020
Hello, does anyone know if a digital control can be implemented in LTspice and if anyone has any reference on how to do it?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hello, does anyone know if a digital control can be implemented in LTspice and if anyone has any reference on how to do it?
Sure. A basic buck converter converter implementing current mode control with slope compensation uses digital elements to achieve this.
Could you elaborate on what you might mean when you ask if anyone has a reference on how to do it?
My reference would be Basso, C., Switch-Mode Power Supplies, (2014), pp.173-180

Josuesov115

Joined Nov 1, 2020
Sure. A basic buck converter converter implementing current mode control with slope compensation uses digital elements to achieve this.
Could you elaborate on what you might mean when you ask if anyone has a reference on how to do it?
My reference would be Basso, C., Switch-Mode Power Supplies, (2014), pp.173-180
I would like to implement a digital PID control to control a Buck, by reference I mean if you have any example or application note to guide me. I would like to implement a digital PID control to control a Buck, by reference I mean if you have any example or application note to guide me.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I would like to implement a digital PID control to control a Buck, by reference I mean if you have any example or application note to guide me. I would like to implement a digital PID control to control a Buck, by reference I mean if you have any example or application note to guide me.
The reference I gave you is just under 1,000 pages, there is no mention of PID control in the index. and I'm guessing there is a reason for that.