Digital clock problem

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Your schematic is abysmal, but here's a cropped version:
upload_2018-1-12_7-13-31.png

If you want people to look at your code, post it (preferably well formatted) on this site.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Looking at the code it looks like there should be some keys (Or a keyboard.) for setting the time. This MAY be preventing the counters incrementing. See what happens if you modify the code so that it puts some values in the hours and minutes counters instead of clearing them at the start of the program. This will help to confirm that the multiplexing is working. If the values that you load display correctly then I think the ISR is not incrementing the time registers.

Les.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Looking at the code it looks like there should be some keys (Or a keyboard.) for setting the time. This MAY be preventing the counters incrementing. See what happens if you modify the code so that it puts some values in the hours and minutes counters instead of clearing them at the start of the program. This will help to confirm that the multiplexing is working. If the values that you load display correctly then I think the ISR is not incrementing the time registers.

Les.
They do increment when the code is run in the simulator.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Hi Albert,
I did not think the missing keyboard was preventing the ISR from working but I did not spend that long looking at the code that initialised timer 0 and how the interrupt routine worked. (I am assuming that it calls the "INCR subroutine every second.)

Les.