Difficult areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
That doesn't mean your time at the Super Bowl would be a complete waste.
As I am from Europa. I would say any time spent at superbowl (unless Janet Jackson will do the half time show that is) Is THE most waste of time. But on the other hand I solve this by totally ignoring any thing about Super Bowl. I do not watch it and complain loudly how boring it is:rolleyes:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Hi Guys

Absolutely lost here with these rules: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=94053&page=2

As a result of this, my time spent here will be wasted.

Transformerless Power Supplies are not taboo. Just need to be understood.
Far more reliable than equivalent SMPS or anything else...

Understood is what it is all about.

See you Guys,
tvtech
Er...You are refering to a HHO thread getting closed. But seam more upset about not the fact that you are not allowed to talk about Transformerless Power Supplies how come:confused:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I don't get it. Is this something you young people know about on the interweb?
Now I am even more confused. You young people sure talk funny on this interweb.
I felt this thread was so silly it didn't deserve words. But I felt it did deserve something; something equally silly. And I felt somewhat invested in the thread after having spent so many minutes reading all the silliness and having nothing to say, so I felt compelled to reply even though I could not justify any words. So torn by so many feels I searched for unicorns and stumbled upon this most epic pic. It seemed like the perfect fit; you don't agree (feel)?

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
As I am from Europa. I would say any time spent at superbowl (unless Janet Jackson will do the half time show that is) Is THE most waste of time. But on the other hand I solve this by totally ignoring any thing about Super Bowl. I do not watch it and complain loudly how boring it is:rolleyes:
Sounds like the way I feel about soccer. Twenty-two (I think) guys/gals running around in a big field with no idea of plays, strategy, or coaching. Just run and kick something...ball or opponent...just something. Six-year olds and pros all look the same playing. Total chaos!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Actually I am a chick, but on the internet no one will ever know.

HHO was a real problem here about 5 years ago. The scammers were trying to use us to justify their claims. It wasn't just HHO, the perpetual motion and overunity crowd all were trying hard to use us as a podium. Beenthere, may God rest his soul, put his foot down and stopped it. This long before I was a moderator, but I was cheering him on. If we don't allow ads here, scammers are a much lower class. At least spammers are trying for an honest buck.

Moderators don't always get it right, being human we do our best and move on.

Competence is one of our judgement calls. Like Judge Dread, we are the final authority, though here on AAC we lean hard on our other moderators making these calls. We didn't make the rules, we enforce those that are given us by the owner of this site. This forum is not a democracy, it is a piece of property that a lot of good and knowledgable people have gone out of their way to make special.

We had our own reorg in 2010 setting up the current rules set. I was not a moderator, but I was very involved. I was surprised how much heat this thread developed.

Things that close your thread

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Sounds like the way I feel about soccer. Twenty-two (I think) guys/gals running around in a big field with no idea of plays, strategy, or coaching. Just run and kick something...ball or opponent...just something. Six-year olds and pros all look the same playing. Total chaos!
:p

tvtech

Joined Mar 18, 2012
Er...You are refering to a HHO thread getting closed. But seam more upset about not the fact that you are not allowed to talk about Transformerless Power Supplies how come:confused:
Hi

Bang on the button about transformerless PSU's.

Part of the rules here are that they should not be discussed. Ever. I believe the rules drawn up on this forum are 100% correct in regard to people/kids getting shocked through lack of knowledge or experience with these potentially dangerous circuits.

However, these simple and reliable circuits are used in many applications Worldwide where the user never gets anywhere near the circuitry...

Maybe not put transformerless supplies in the same category as all the other stuff we are not supposed to talk about.

Maybe help people understand them (they work) rather than making the Topic taboo.

Sooner or later a Member here will encounter one of these and be lost.

Bash me at will :)

No problems :D

tvtech

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The rules of the site are pretty mature at this point. We find that they serve their purpose very well.

Societies need their taboos, they are helpful in what they do.

Also, it's not realistic of you to expect the rules to change just because a member of 6 posts suggests so. Stay for a while, see how the site works and then make meaningful recommendations.

Finally, you making a post and then expect other people to bash you, means that you expect the content to be offensive. If you do, then you mean ill to the rest of the forum.

I do not want believe you mean ill to the forum, but please consider these connotations.

For now, this thread doesn't have anything to offer to AAC. Please move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.