Hi,
I am having trouble with the following question.
Calculate the branch currents for a common-mode input voltage of 1 V. Calculate the node voltage at the drain of the tail current source.
How do I go about solving this? Do I apply 1 V to each NMOS device and proceed from there - or is this not necessary?
How do I determine the region of operations each device is in? What values for V_DS do I use for each device?
I have tried almost all permutations imaginable, to absolutely no avail.
I have a copy of Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits by Razavi, but it doesn't seem to help much with analyses such as the above.
Many thanks,
Tarquin.
I am having trouble with the following question.
Calculate the branch currents for a common-mode input voltage of 1 V. Calculate the node voltage at the drain of the tail current source.
How do I go about solving this? Do I apply 1 V to each NMOS device and proceed from there - or is this not necessary?
How do I determine the region of operations each device is in? What values for V_DS do I use for each device?
I have tried almost all permutations imaginable, to absolutely no avail.
I have a copy of Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits by Razavi, but it doesn't seem to help much with analyses such as the above.
Many thanks,
Tarquin.
