Devil's Swimming Pool

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
This is amazing. Apparently there is a ledge that keeps people from falling over the falls. What I want to know is who was the first person to test that theroy?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Once upon a time, I floated on my back to a shape like that and got my belt caught on the edge...which saved me from going over the dam, head first.:eek:
Mark Sharfman. If you ever see this, thanks for hauling me out before I got hurt.:p

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Wow, that could go badly in a blink.

Like the Niagara River. Very popular boating location just up river from the falls. I never measured it but I rode my bicycle upriver from the falls to that location and I would bet it is around 10 miles more or less. You better have a good anchor in the event of motor failure! . :eek:

jgessling

Joined Jul 31, 2009
No big deal. In the dry season that pool has very little water going over the edge. Look carefully at the picture and you will see that massive flow is actually quite far away. A great falls for sure though. Flying in you see the plume of spray billowing up over the plains for a very long time. I see that the Livingstone airport now accepts credit cards for the USD50 visa fee instead of the rip off $50 cash only when I was there. And it's not Livingstone anymore either. Got my souvenir 100 trillion Zimbabwe dollar note there too. Less than $1 US as I remember.