Hey guys,
I'm stuck on a part of a tuts question.
Here is the question;
A small cabin needs 2.4 kWh per day, all of which is used in the evening from 7 pm to 11 pm. If you decide to supply only enough 12 V battery storage to cover each evening, what should the minimum rated Ah capacity of batteries be if they should not be discharged more than 80%? Assume the battery operating temperature to be 25°C.
What I have;
I get that 2.4kwh is needed over 4 hours at 80% discharge (rate of discharge is 80% over 4hours @ 25°C)
The solutions go on to say that, from the following graph, the rated battery capacity is C/5
I have no idea how to get this capacity of C/5 from the graph
The following example just confuses me further;
Can someone walk me though the process of using the graphs to determine the battery capacity rating?
thanks guys
I'm stuck on a part of a tuts question.
Here is the question;
A small cabin needs 2.4 kWh per day, all of which is used in the evening from 7 pm to 11 pm. If you decide to supply only enough 12 V battery storage to cover each evening, what should the minimum rated Ah capacity of batteries be if they should not be discharged more than 80%? Assume the battery operating temperature to be 25°C.
What I have;
I get that 2.4kwh is needed over 4 hours at 80% discharge (rate of discharge is 80% over 4hours @ 25°C)
The solutions go on to say that, from the following graph, the rated battery capacity is C/5
I have no idea how to get this capacity of C/5 from the graph
The following example just confuses me further;
Can someone walk me though the process of using the graphs to determine the battery capacity rating?
thanks guys