Destroying My camera

jhave_21

Joined Sep 14, 2017
HI,
I wanna ask some favor, so basically I have an old Camera an samsung ES25() and it doesn't have a battery anymore(powered by two AA batteries) I don't know what voltage the previous battery was running but on some parts of the camera it says 3.3 v. so I wanna put three AA batteries which runs at 1.5v each. So with my basic knowledge I tried to use a simple ohm's Law R = V/I , but my problem was the I(amperage) which I don't know what,
so I crawl to google and found this one (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/144175/Samsung-Es25.html?page=4#manual) I would really appreciate it guys if you look through it. and if you can see at the bottom right
jhave.jpg

It says "Ampere:2.0A" . Now, because it is first time to use this things at an very actual stuff, May I ask if how should I calculate it all

sorry for the trouble guys,
and by the way the camera was from my father, thanks

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The 2A rating on the power supply is the maximum that the power supply must be able to deliver when called upon to do so.

You don't calculate the current. The camera will take what it needs.

You want two AA batteries, not three.
Use two 2500mAh Ni-MH batteries.

It's a little hard to understand exactly what you are asking. It sounds like you just need to replace the batteries - 2 AA batteries.

You may not have much success using rechargeable AA NiMH cells. These have, say 1.2V, (I have read 1.24 before) output. non-recharable AA Alkaline have, say 1.5 V output.

Two in the camera will produce ~ 2.4V and 3V, respectively. When they start discharging, the voltage drops (see technical specifications). At ~2.4, you may not be able to run the camera for very long at all, even though there is still a lot of charge left. The alkaline non-recharable AA will likely last a lot longer in the camera - but of course, when dead, they stay dead.

It's going to depend on the actual voltage requirement of the camera, but my experiences support alkaline as the best.

As far as an AC adapter, like you referenced. I see one available here, that outputs 3.4V, but note that the specs fall short of 2 A and I can see that it says 1.5 A - it could still work fine, but it is below that recommended by the maker, even though it is advertised as being for that camera.

Hope this helps.