Designing and constructing a 60 seconds stop watch with start/stop and reset functions

DeAndre

Joined Nov 12, 2016
Hi. I have been assigned to design and construct a 60 seconds stop watch with start/stop and reset functions. I am given the following ICs to work on this project: 74LS93, 74LS00 and 74LS32. I have basically design my stop watch with a mod 60 counter comprising of a mod 6 and mod 10 counter. Attached is a image file of the multisim stimulation that I have worked on. Right now, my problem is that I am unable to recycle the count, as it counts from 00 to 59, at the next count, it will stop at 00. My request would be in seeking help for the count to be recycled. As such, I would like the stopwatch to keep counting from 00 to 59 back to 00 to 59, until the s button (function as a start/stop button) is pressed. The r button function as a reset button which resets any value displayed on the 7 segment display to 00. Sorry for bad English.

P.S. I have looked around the internet for this particular assignment but I cant seem to find one that is able to keep recycling the counts. Hence, this thread was created. Thank you for your kind attention.Capture.PNG

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So examine your design (if it IS your design) to see why it stops when it reaches 00. That shouldn't be too hard -- assuming that YOU actually designed it.

P.S. I have looked around the internet for this particular assignment but I cant seem to find one that is able to keep recycling the counts. Hence, this thread was created. Thank you for your kind attention.
This pretty much screams out, "I tried to find some else's work that solves this exact problem so that I could just copy their work but couldn't, so I created this thread hoping that someone would do my work for me."