Designing a 100 W inverter circuit

Yasar498

Joined Nov 22, 2019
I need to design an inverter circuit for the UPS project I'm working on, but as you all know there are a LOT of circuits available in the Internet. I already picked and tried a 50 W circuit from the internet and it failed to give any output( it did not involve any ICs).

To that end, please help me out by pointing me to a 100 W circuit that does work, especially one you've made before. It doesn't have to be very sophisticated, I just intend to run a LED lamp and charge a smartphone.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
You do not say what power source you are using to feed the inverter or give any details of the circuit that you built that did not work. If your power source is 12 or 24 volts DC it is probably cheaper to buy a ready made inverter.

Les.

Last edited:

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
If you already have a battery power supply for the inverter, why use an inverter to power the LED and phone supplies? It makes more sense to make a DC to Dc regulator for the LEDs and the phone. Skip the inverter stage.

Yasar498

Joined Nov 22, 2019
If you already have a battery power supply for the inverter, why use an inverter to power the LED and phone supplies? It makes more sense to make a DC to Dc regulator for the LEDs and the phone. Skip the inverter stage.
Most commercial LED bulbs out there have an AC to DC converter built in, so can't feed it DC supply. I tried though, it didn't glow.
Actually I'm hoping to get as close as possible to a real working UPS, so I'm afraid I can't skip the inverter stage

Yasar498

Joined Nov 22, 2019
You do not say what power source you are using to feed the inverter or give any details of the circuit that you built that did not work. If your power source is 12 or 24 volts DC it is probably cheaper to buy a ready made inverter.

Les.
I'm

Les.
I apologize for not delving into the details. The circuit that I used first was a 60w inverter circuit, comprising of only two transistors. (Sorry for not being able to attach the file right now. Just can't find it). It worked at the end, albeit quite poorly. Its only able to supply an 5W led bulb properly...anything higher has a nasty flicker.