design tap water project

rumpler

Joined Mar 22, 2019
Hi everyone

I have a project and I like to get your help- design an electronic tap water

I like to know if it possible to use Sequential Systems with component like registers, counter and so? or it restrict only for FF and logic gates?

basically I need to design a synchronous tap water that will open in case an IR sensor recognize object (human hands) more then 2s. if the hand been removed at time the tap water is already open, for another 2s the tap water will shut down.
also if the tap water been open for 8s (also display this time using 7 segments) continuous the tap water will be locked and only asynchronous trigger will unlock it.

I have the basic component like: register, conter, ADC, DAC, 555, BCD converter, logic gates, FF and so..

any help will be good

thank u very much :)

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thanks. I'll move the thread over to the Homework Help where it can get the kind of attention that is appropriate for it.

The next step you need to take it so show your work at your best attempt to get as far as you can. Often times, that alone will allow you to solve your problem. But if not, it allows us to focus on where your thinking is going astray or where you are not being able to make the next little leap forward and then we can guide you through that.

rumpler

Joined Mar 22, 2019
Thanks. I'll move the thread over to the Homework Help where it can get the kind of attention that is appropriate for it.

The next step you need to take it so show your work at your best attempt to get as far as you can. Often times, that alone will allow you to solve your problem. But if not, it allows us to focus on where your thinking is going astray or where you are not being able to make the next little leap forward and then we can guide you through that.

rumpler

Joined Mar 22, 2019
Thank u for helping

I have planed the circuit, it just I have some problems
Im apologize my poor english

I add a schemaPICC.jpg , here is the explain for it:

switch A will be the hands ( switch only use for simulation). If hands be detected Switch will close. The first two counter will be in-charged on counting 2s. The upper one count 2s hand in (when hands in it cause to PE active low and active the counter) and if 2s pass carry out go low making SET leg of the SR go high, making Q not go low and active the next counter that active the 7 segments to count is in seconds.

If the hand been removed (switch open) during the time the tap is open, the low counter will start count- if 2s pass it will trigger the RESET leg of the SR, make Q not go high and the 7 segment will PE. If 2s didn't pass the tap will remain open.

I also connected relay to the output of the right counter, so if the counter doesn't work the relay remain close. but if he does work it will open. the relay work on 24V.
Another thing is in case the tap is open more then 8s (in case the output is 1001) using AND and another SR the counter will get 'high' in the MR leg and will lock, only asynchronous trigger (switch B) will open it.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So how much of this have you tested so far?

A common mistake (made not only by students, but by people with far more experience who should -- and do -- know better) is to design the whole thing, build the whole thing, and then test the whole thing.

Instead, design, build, and test sections of the thing, working your way up to the whole thing.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Instead, design, build, and test sections of the thing, working your way up to the whole thing.
The same goes for diagnosing failures down the road, whether it's on your breadboard or a finished commercial product. It's so much better to get past "it doesn't work" and instead be able to say "it's not getting power" or "the LED won't light" or something to begin narrowing the focus.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Thank u for helping

I have planed the circuit, it just I have some problems
Im apologize my poor english

I add a schemaView attachment 174075 , here is the explain for it:

switch A will be the hands ( switch only use for simulation). If hands be detected Switch will close. The first two counter will be in-charged on counting 2s. The upper one count 2s hand in (when hands in it cause to PE active low and active the counter) and if 2s pass carry out go low making SET leg of the SR go high, making Q not go low and active the next counter that active the 7 segments to count is in seconds.

If the hand been removed (switch open) during the time the tap is open, the low counter will start count- if 2s pass it will trigger the RESET leg of the SR, make Q not go high and the 7 segment will PE. If 2s didn't pass the tap will remain open.

I also connected relay to the output of the right counter, so if the counter doesn't work the relay remain close. but if he does work it will open. the relay work on 24V.
Another thing is in case the tap is open more then 8s (in case the output is 1001) using AND and another SR the counter will get 'high' in the MR leg and will lock, only asynchronous trigger (switch B) will open it.
hi,
As WBahn stated define first what you want and think of problems like;
does low power, power fail while water running, circuit error an effect on valve status?
How to detect the flow ( no pressure no flow)
What usable components are available on the market and how do they interface?
What about safety?

and so on all before you think of transistor, resistor or building it.

Picbuster