Design Closed-loop Controller for DC-DC Buck-Boost Converter

fadh9l

Joined Oct 1, 2016
I have a project to design a buck-boost convener, the input will be a solar cell with using battery as an energy storage system, and the load (output) will be an LED lamp.I Already do the calculations for my design. But,I want to design a controller for for this buck boost converter.
Vin=30 V
Vout= 20 V
Iout=0.5 A
Ripple voltage and current is 5%. Switching Frequency 20 KHz.
D (Duty Cycle)=0.4
L= 24000 uF
C= 10 uF
I want the output voltage (Vout) to remains 20V, In case of input voltage (Vin) decreased gradually from 30V up to 10V.
How can i design a controller (Closed loop) for for this buck boost converter?

I have did simulation for the design using PSIM software.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm not sure what you expect to happen by reposting someone else's text and adding none of your own. Does it mean you are interested in such a project? If that is the case you really ought to say so.

The thread starter has not been seen for over four years and nobody ever responded to his post until now. We don't have a schematic and the 24000 uF inductor seems like it might be pure unobtanium. I don't think this thread will attract much action going forward. There is also one or more apparent problems with his specifications, which may make realization difficult.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Is this a Classroom Assignment ?
( If I do it for you, you won't be able to learn from your mistakes ).
Are the Specifications you provided required to be followed, and why ?
Do you need an LED Dimming or Flashing Feature ?
Why are you asking for a Voltage-Regulator instead of a Current-Regulator ?
Have you already selected the Battery(s) that you would like to use ?
How long must the Batteries be able to operate your "LED-Light" ?
What are the Full-Specifications for your "LED-Light".
What is the Nominal-Current, and Peak-Voltage generated by the Solar-Cells in full Sun ?

Last edited by a moderator: