Design and simulate a circuit that takes as input a sinusoidal signal

adi80

Joined Oct 8, 2020
Design and simulate a circuit that takes as input a sinusoidal signal with peak-to-peak amplitude 0.2V, frequency 5kHz and offset 0.05V, and two outputs:

A sinusoidal signal at the same frequency as the input, peak-to-peak amplitude 2.2V and offset 0.55V.
A sinusoidal signal at the same frequency as the output, peak-to-peak amplitude 1.14V, and no offset.

Last edited by a moderator:

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
I am really sorry but today is my first day.
If this is homework, you need to show your best effort. You also need to tell us the requirements for your solution? Does it need to be a discrete design? Can you use opamps?

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
amplitude 0.2V, frequency 5kHz and offset 0.05V ..............
A sinusoidal signal at the same frequency as the input, peak-to-peak amplitude 2.2V and offset 0.55V.
Gain of 11. Check if that works for signal and offset. (show your work)
A sinusoidal signal at the same frequency as the output, peak-to-peak amplitude 1.14V, and no offset.
What gain do you need to go from 0.2 to 1.14?
Some where in your book there is a circuit for adding in a offset. Same thing as removing a offset.

adi80

Joined Oct 8, 2020
Welcome to AAC!
If this is homework, you need to show your best effort. You also need to tell us the requirements for your solution? Does it need to be a discrete design? Can you use opamps?
yes opam. i really need help i tried my best but i am really struggling with it.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
yes opam. i really need help i tried my best but i am really struggling with it.
Any specific opamp? Show your work so we can see where you're having difficulties.

BTW, there's no need for multiple posts. You can use the "Report" link to ask a moderator to move your thread to homework. I've already done that and asked that the two duplicate posts be removed.

adi80

Joined Oct 8, 2020
You need to show us your best effort to solve the problem. Then we can help you. This is not Homework done for you.
You have no idea i spent almost two days on it and i wish you could see the pages i worked but can't make my head around it no matter how hard i try. If you could help me with diagram i will try to give another try after that please

adi80

Joined Oct 8, 2020
Gain of 11. Check if that works for signal and offset. (show your work)

What gain do you need to go from 0.2 to 1.14?
Some where in your book there is a circuit for adding in a offset. Same thing as removing a offset.
Please see attached file and if you could help me with the diagram.Thanks

Attachments

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't really care how much effort you say you have put in. It wasn't very effective. Doing the same thing over and expecting a different result is insanity.
So what kinds of circuits would be candidate solutions?
What do you think about the meaning of the terms gain and offset?
What kind of circuit components are you allowed to use?
Can you use resistors?
Can you use capacitors?
Can you use inductors?
Can you use operational amplifiers?
Can you use Schmidt Triggers?
Can you use comparators?
Can you use field effect transistors?
Can you use Bipolar Junction Transistors?
Post an image of one of your attempts so we can analyze your thought process.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Part of the problem is we are not taking the class. We do not know what tools you have to solve this problem. I can not see the pages in your book.
----------------------
Do you know how to get from 0.2V to 2.2V? Lets just work on that. Some where in your class there is an answer. "amplifier" or "op-amp" Look for words like that. What is the title of the chapter?

adi80

Joined Oct 8, 2020
I am going back to study after 18 years this question is given to me after 2 classes. I am so confused if i didn't get it right this will be the end for me:(.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I am so confused if i didn't get it right this will be the end for me
No one is going to do your homework for you. It's against forum rules and it would unethical even if it wasn't.

The problem isn't very difficult. You need to show us your work so we can see where you're having difficulties.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Design and simulate a circuit that takes as input a sinusoidal signal with peak-to-peak amplitude 0.2V, frequency 5kHz and offset 0.05V, and two outputs:

• •

Hello,

What type of components are you allowed to use to make these circuits?

For example, resistors, capacitors, op amps, etc. ?
This is necessary to know beforehand. You might get this info from previous questions in the coursework.

Also, do you know what a voltage divider is?
Or an amplifier?

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Here is a link to a help you learn about op-amps. Use the non-inverting half of the link.
amp gain calculator
Here is a picture of a non inverting amplifier. The wire going up goes to +5 volts and the one going down goes to -5 volts.
1602289794211.png
The calculator works like this: Fill in Rin and Rf then hit Calculate.
1602289989059.png
Do you have anything like this in your book?