Design and simulate a circuit that takes as input a sinusoidal signal

adi80

Joined Oct 8, 2020
Hello,

What type of components are you allowed to use to make these circuits?

For example, resistors, capacitors, op amps, etc. ?
This is necessary to know beforehand. You might get this info from previous questions in the coursework.

Also, do you know what a voltage divider is?
Or an amplifier?

E12 series components
Resistors
op amp

adi80

Joined Oct 8, 2020
Here is a link to a help you learn about op-amps. Use the non-inverting half of the link.
amp gain calculator
Here is a picture of a non inverting amplifier. The wire going up goes to +5 volts and the one going down goes to -5 volts.
View attachment 219203
The calculator works like this: Fill in Rin and Rf then hit Calculate.
View attachment 219205
Do you have anything like this in your book?
Please see what i have design without any help. I am happy to share all the pages on which i worked as well.

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Please see what i have design without any help. I am happy to share all the pages on which i worked as well.
Cropped image with some unnecessary whitespace removed:
clipimage.jpg
What does this have to do with the problem you're trying to solve? You drew a non-inverting amplifier with a gain of 3 2. That circuit is available in just about any opamp datasheet.
EDIT: corrected gain.

It would be helpful if you put parameters for V1 on the schematic.

This is the more typical way to draw that circuit. From Signetics:
clipimage.jpg

Last edited:

adi80

Joined Oct 8, 2020
View attachment 219225
What does this have to do with the problem you're trying to solve? You drew a non-inverting amplifier with a gain of 3. That circuit is available in just about any opamp datasheet.

View attachment 219226
Could you please guide me a little what step i should do next. Do I have to add value to Vi and Vout ?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Could you please guide me a little what step i should do next. Do I have to add value to Vi and Vout ?
You've already been given a link to a calculator; or you could do the arithmetic yourself. What gain do you need for each amplifier and what are you going to do about the DC offset of the input signal?

adi80

Joined Oct 8, 2020
You've already been given a link to a calculator; or you could do the arithmetic yourself. What gain do you need for each amplifier and what are you going to do about the DC offset of the input signal?
what will be the correct value of E12 series resistors please?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
what will be the correct value of E12 series resistors please?
What gain do you need to amplify 0.2V p-p to 2.2V p-p? If you subtract 1 from that, what does the ratio of the two resistors need to be?

When is this problem due? You've already spent days on a problem that shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

Last edited:

adi80

Joined Oct 8, 2020
What gain do you need to amplify 0.2V p-p to 2.2V p-p? If you subtract 1 from that, what does the ratio of the two resistors need to be?

When is this problem due? You've already spent days on a problem that should shouldn't take more than a minute or two.
Thanks, but i still have not completely get it. Do i need to take resistors each of 1 KOhms?

adi80

Joined Oct 8, 2020
View attachment 219225
What does this have to do with the problem you're trying to solve? You drew a non-inverting amplifier with a gain of 3 2. That circuit is available in just about any opamp datasheet.
EDIT: corrected gain.

View attachment 219226
Is my Schematic wrong?