Describe the functioning of the following non-redispatchable monostable circuit.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
Please post your best effort at describing the circuit operation, so that we can guide you where necessary. This forum is for 'Homework help', not 'Homework done for you'.

Last edited:

xSyrax123

Joined Jun 24, 2021
Welcome to AAC!
Please post your best effort at describing the circuit operation, so that we can guide you where necessary. This forum is for 'Homework help', not 'Homework done for you'.
This is what I have, but I think it is not right or it is incomplete (sorry if it is not well understood, I translated it from Spanish to English with the translator).
When pressing the pushbutton the circuit is triggered, the capacitor starts to charge through R1 and the NOR gate U2A is activated, it is working as a NOT gate and as the DC capacitor works as an open circuit, the NOR gate U2A would still be NOT, therefore it would have 0V at the output and the led would not light up.

xSyrax123

Joined Jun 24, 2021
Ah, I took the image of the circuit with the key closed, I got confused, the circuit is tested and described with the key open.