Dell System Spec

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I have a Dell DeskTop System.
Model XPS 8930
System Tag HNMD243

I Called Dell to Find Out My System Specs and they Told me to go to this WebSite.
https://www.dell.com/support/manual...9ce2d0-d228-4757-abc2-e3a09a35e134&lang=en-us

I can not Find anything like the Data Transfer Rate of My SD Card Reader.
I can not Find things like how many DIMMs My System can take and if they are DDR3. and My System Memory Speed it can take.

Am I not Seeing it can anybody help Me?

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I have " Speccy " and I Love it.

But it wont Tell Me things like the Data Transfer Rate of the SD Card Reader on the Front of the System.

And things like what Version of HDMI Port is on the Back of the System.

And Dell keeps Telling Me to go to the above WebSite and I will get a the Specs for the System.

Can you help?

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
Enter your service tag at the basic "support" page, and select "details" about your system:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/e.../0-RDBxR1Q2K1liZXRkclVPWGRPaGtxQT090/overview

Basically it came with 8GB DDR4 ram. Look under "Manuals" or "Documentation" for more detailed specs about it, if they list it...
No vendor will list the SD card data rates, as those vary a lot based on what SD card you are using.
I often use CPU-Z to show system information about the motherboard, ram, etc.
System specifications also at:
https://dl.dell.com/topicspdf/xps-8930-desktop_setup-guide_en-us.pdf

Last edited:

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I did go on Google to Find the Specs. for My Video Card.

It Is an NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650.

My Video Card has 4. GB of DDR 5. Memory and it is a PCI Express X16 Slot.

Google Says this Video Card has a BUS Width of 128 Bit.
Is My Video Card Sending and Receiving 128 Bits at a Time?

And it Says My GPU Speed is 1485 MHz to 1665 MHz is this Right?
And it Says My Memory Speed is 8,000 MHz is this Right?

Or am I not Reading the Information about My Card Right?

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
I did go on Google to Find the Specs. for My Video Card.

It Is an NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650.

My Video Card has 4. GB of DDR 5. Memory and it is a PCI Express X16 Slot.

Google Says this Video Card has a BUS Width of 128 Bit.
Is My Video Card Sending and Receiving 128 Bits at a Time?

And it Says My GPU Speed is 1485 MHz to 1665 MHz is this Right?
And it Says My Memory Speed is 8,000 MHz is this Right?

Or am I not Reading the Information about My Card Right?
Video card specs may be correct (without checking it myself). The 128 bit width and memory speeds are to the DDR5 video ram, not your Dell system.

biferi

Joined Apr 14, 2017
I know the 128 Bit Data Width is for My Video Card.

But are they Telling Me the DDR 5. Memory On the Video Card can Send and Receive 128 Bits?

I Thought the Memory was 64 Bit?

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
I know the 128 Bit Data Width is for My Video Card.

But are they Telling Me the DDR 5. Memory On the Video Card can Send and Receive 128 Bits?

I Thought the Memory was 64 Bit?
You are confusing the system ram and operating system which has a 64 bit processor. That has nothing to do with the GPU which is a separate processor and can run 128 bit memory with its onboard DDR5 video ram. Only the onboard video ram is 128 bits wide, Only the GPU has direct access to the video ram, the CPU does not.
The GPU then exchanges data with your system via the PCI bus in 64 bit mode to your CPU (in simple terms). That is, the GPU handles 128 bit with its own DDR5 video ram, and handles 64 bit data to your main CPU.
As a note, PCI Express has only 16 full duplex data channels, but they run at very high speeds and both directions at the same time (in/out). In effect, your video card is using 16 bit transfers to the motherboard. Don't worry about it....

Last edited: